Sandro Botticelli

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fibre

Reaction score
Here are some more flowers of my first own breeding: Paphiopedilum Sandro Botticelli.
The NS of the flowers is from 10 cm to 12.5 cm, the LS is 22-32cm.

ngqe4l.jpg

The one with the white pouch:
98zlf7.jpg

The following one has nice flat and outstretched petals. I like the pattern on the dorsal too:
219e91v.jpg

This is the biggest flower and plant. But the apricot orange color is not my cup of tea and the shape is not one I would look for:
2encl7b.jpg

The fourth one is my favorite so far. You can find a pic of this clone here:
http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35912

I hope you enjoy the variation of these flowers as much as I do!

Just posted on the other thread that I was looking forward to updates ... and here they are. Great ! My favourites are number four and the one with the white pouch.

Very pleasing variation. I think a good few interesting variations will arise out of this cross. My inclination would be 'White Knight' and a large petalled complex green.

lovely pastel shades,I love the small plants ,
Now they want some charlesworthii pollen????
That would be nice to improve the size of the dorsal, but I don't care much for the small petals of charlesworthii.

Not quite. Doll's Kobold.
The petal issue is the same here. But I love the vigor and that they are growing so compact.

Very pleasing variation. I think a good few interesting variations will arise out of this cross. My inclination would be 'White Knight' and a large petalled complex green.

Yes, a large complex green would be my favorite but those have soo large leaves. So I prefer a vigorous growing small leaved and large petalled complex green ;).
To be serious, I think I will look for a similar kind of hybrid to get these two strains together. Any good red or spotted complex paired with a nice Brachy, that's what I'm looking for as a pollen parent.

Latest posts

Back