Sanders Pride ‘Golden Boy’ AM/AOS x adductum ‘Nice Guy’

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm quiet fond of these caramel/yellow sandie hybrids. Not allot of adductum coming through on this clone.
Gary, can you see adductum in the flowers?

I'm quiet fond of these caramel/yellow sandie hybrids. Not allot of adductum coming through on this clone.
Gary, can you see adductum in the flowers?

Rick,

I've had a closer look and there doesn't seem much influence in the flowers. It would be interesting if any others that have this clone post their blooms to compare. Very pleased with the result though.

Gary

That is stunning Gary. Love the colour and excellent petal length.

I disagree with the statement that there is no influence from the adductum parent. That dorsal is all adductum (beautiful and wide with great shape) and the shoulders are much improved. I think you have got the perfect outcome.

That is stunning Gary. Love the colour and excellent petal length.

I disagree with the statement that there is no influence from the adductum parent. That dorsal is all adductum (beautiful and wide with great shape) and the shoulders are much improved. I think you have got the perfect outcome.

the dorsal definitely seems to have adductum influence ..hard to tell what is going on with the shoulders with this angle ..but without another angle I agree

I have to diagree boys. I see more stonei from the Sander's Pride then any adductum coming through in the dorsals. Both sandie and adductum have narrow dorsals. Nice width and strong barring from the stonei grandparent. There's even a bit of edge rolling to the dorsals which stonei will do. The only strong evidence of adductum is the low flower count I see. Now anitum , on the other hand, can have fairly wide dorsals. So if it was used and stonei has the a ablity to washout the color of anitum then it may not have a negative impact on the dorsal width.

Back