• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sale Part 2 - with slippers this time

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwester

Reaction score
No time for pics as there was no way to get all of them scattered about like they are. No measurement questions please. More to come as I reach the other side of the GH.
arghhhhh this kills me, here we go

paph king arthur - 6" pot, 10+ growths, $15
paph lady isabel - 6", 2 gr, 25
paph esquiole (sp?) - 4", 5 + gr, 15
paph Jupiter - 6", 4 gr, 25
paph Lynleigh Koopwitz - 5", 4 gr. 2 SPIKES, 30
paph Susan Booth - 5", 1 gr, 25
paph Geoffry Hands - 4", 1 gr, 15

phrag Eric Young 4N x schlimii, 6", 5+ growths, a bit rough but should bounce back well, 25
phrag Wossner Supergrande - 5", 3 gr. SEE POSTED PIC, 30
phrag Tall Tails - 1gr NBS? - 15
phrag Sedenii 'Blush' - 6", 5+gr, 25

more select:
paph Dollgoldi - 6", 3 gr, mature, $50
paph Gary Romagna (SS 'candor excalibor' FCC x roth 'classic' AM) 3gr BS $45
paph David Ott (supardii 'red spider' x roth 'gigantic' FCC) 2 gr, BS $40
paph Berenice (phil 'cayugi' x lowii 'nova' AM) 3gr, in sheath?, $40
phrag Penn's Creek Cascade 3N, 6", 3gr incredible roots. $45

papraphal labukensis - I HATE to sell this one, but too big. 4ft leaves. see posted pic for flower. $50
bulbo cochinchinense (sp?) 'Rainbow' CHM several bulb div of original plant, just got it too.... $40

yeah, especially since thats just about 1/3 of what i need to part with
divorce sucks you guys

if you think something is too pricey, make me an offer.

I also have a BS dimorphorchis lowii and esmeralda clarkii and catherineae
all 3 are fairly rare, if interested please make me a fair offer and we'll go from there.

You know Blake, if I were you I wouldn't sell any of those orchids. I'd take all the money I have and buy more and when the judge says you owe her so much, I'd say, well judge I have invested all my money is certain valuable exotic plants, but I'd be more than happy to pay her with them. Just a suggestion...
Really though, I'm sorry to hear about that.

david ott, dollgoldi, tall tails, the bulbo, esquiol...(sp?) are gone.

I would hide them all with friends (foster families). When it comes time for the settlement just say you gave everything away and then tell the judge you were so distraught over the marriage collapse that you weren't thinking clearly. Half of nothing is nothing. When all is said and done and you're newly settled then round up the "chids". "Though I truly am sorry for your loss" :sob:

OOPS. Too late. The ones I am interested in are gone. It sounds like you are selling some very nice ones. I'll watch this thread a little closer now.

I'm so sorry you are in this position.

There is not much I can do for you other than to offer to purchase a few plants from you for $5 or $10 a piece. I could remit payment by PayPal listing out each and every plant I "purchased" from you which would provide you with a means by which to document for the Court that there was an offer with acceptance which should constitute a binding contract in your State. Unfortunately, I don't have the skill set to grow any of the plants you are offering for sale. Pity I don't have the skill set because I'm sure they're all very desirable plants but if I purchased them, I'd need you to provide care for them for me. In other words, I'd need you to continue growing them by providing perpetual care for them at your new place. And, you'd certainly be in a position to state you've never had any interactions with me before the sale.

Just a thought.

I'm a big proponent of the phrase, "you snooze, you lose!" So, if you guys see something Blake has for sale, snap it up or someone else will. Going from a greenhouse to apartment growing means downsizing significantly. Hopefully, when he's got a g.h. again, those of us who buy his plants can offer a division of them back someday.

Going from a greenhouse to apartment growing means downsizing significantly. Hopefully, when he's got a g.h. again, those of us who buy his plants can offer a division of them back someday.

I imagine that would be such a great feeling getting pieces of plants you once grew back again...old friends come home. :clap:

I imagine that would be such a great feeling getting pieces of plants you once grew back again...old friends come home. :clap:

Blake, I am very sorry to hear this happens to you.
It must be tough to find that Love is impermanent like everything else in this universe.
I am sure it is also tough to see your collection dispersed at the same moment.
Hopefully, you will start with a fresh collection someday. Nothing that will remind you of the past.

Yeah that is cool. I've actually done that with some folks who sold me my first plants.

Blake, I am very sorry to hear this happens to you.
It must be tough to find that Love is impermanent like everything else in this universe.
I am sure it is also tough to see your collection dispersed at the same moment.
Hopefully, you will start with a fresh collection someday. Nothing that will remind you of the past.

eh, life's a ***** and then you die :)
not parting with my parvis quite yet though :D

few more:
paph PEOY - paid 150 from Chuck Acker, 2 gr. $50
paph Dr. Toot - 4-5 gr. BS $20
grab bag-o-Acker phrags - 5 or so of his phrag hybrids all with tags and BS, $30
phrag sgt eric - 2 gr BS, $15
paph exul - 4gr BS $15
Coel mayeriana - mounted on driftwood, 4-5 gr. w/3 new leads, $20
coel mooreana 'Brockhurst' - large div of the awarded plant $30
bulb. monathum - large multi growth, $20

even more to come tonight. have fun kiddies :)

Back