Saint Swithin X emersonii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

ORG

Here a very nice coloured hybrid:
Paphiopedilum Memoria Rosmarie Glanz,
the cross between Paph. Saint Swithin and Paph. emersonii:

PaphiopedilumRosmarieGlanz-SaintSwi.jpg

Best greetings

Olaf

Certainly not what I expected to see when I clicked on the thread! Neat. That's some synsepal too.

-Ernie

Here a very nice coloured hybrid:
Paphiopedilum Memoria Rosmarie Glanz,
the cross between Paph. Saint Swithin and Paph. emersonii:

PaphiopedilumRosmarieGlanz-SaintSwi.jpg

Best greetings

Olaf

It is indeed a nice one like you said.
Olaf, do you know whether or not this one is made with emersonii var huonglanae? maybe it helps making the result more reddish?
I thought that breeders in Europe will be the first to use this var., I heard that emersonii from Vietnam is much easier to grow too.

Dear Hien,
the cross was made with the typical Paph. emersonii from China

Best greetings

Olaf

Typical viet vs chinese discrimination attempt. :poke:

I just repeat what peoples on this forrum saying about typical emersonii . According to Eric Muehlbauer (I am sure I trust his experience with them more then mine, after all I do not raise them as long as he does)
The huonglanae was mentioned on the forum that it is easier to grow (who mentioned that, I could not remember)
Au contraire, I love chinese, why not,
1) I was called ching by all different races.:D true story, I swear to God, caucasian american, african american , hispanic american you name it.. as if I have a tatoo on my forehead announcing to strangers on the street to make fun of me. After a while , I didn't even get upset, I forgave them for not being attentive in school enough to learn that there are more than one country in Asia?:sob:
2) Peoples from my last office always ask me to go & pick up chinese food, they know I always get discount. I don't know why, but the kind chinese gentleman at the counter always sneaks a few extra bonus things in our order when I pick up the food. Never happens when other peoples pick up the order.(My office mates claimed it is discrimination in reverse):D
3) Recently, I went to the Fedex, carry mail-out stuff in a white plastic back, the lady at the counter announced that she did not order any food, before I even close the door:clap:
4) On the train, a woman asks me whether I doing nail when she finds out I am Vietnamese (as if no vietnamese american can ever be scientist, doctor, laywer, farmer, artist, auto mechanic and zillions other professions) :eek:
Is that so much fun when you look all the same!!:rollhappy:
Boy, I am so sidetrack from the color of the flower. Typical me.

Last edited:
Hien, I can't wait to meet you, sounds like we'll have fun laughing at the world! :D

well, I am the only uncle in the family who making faces to get the kids laugh, you should see them so entertained when I move my shouders in opposite direction of the head (the old Motown dance fashion).

Back