Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

Heather

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
Some of you, or many of you, may remember our member, Patrix.
I had not heard from him in a while and sent an email the other day. He was not well when I heard from him around New Year's and I was concerned...
Here is part of the response I received tonight:

Please allow me to first introduce myself: I am Patrick's sister.

Patrick was not able to beat the pneumonia and succumbed on January 5th. I know that he sincerely enjoyed his friends at the orchid forum and your friendship...
I'm very saddened by this news. This sort of thing has not happened before on this forum, and I did not quite know how to deal with telling you all. I was hoping some of our notorious insomniacs would be up to help guide me but it seems I am on my own tonight.

I know at least one person was in touch with Patrick about his plants. He was concerned that they go to a good home if something should happen.

I am not a religious person, as I am sure many of you know, but I hope everyone will think a nice little thought about our friend who was with us for such a short time. I know he got much pleasure and comfort from his friends, and the knowledge that was available here.

RIP, Patrick. I hope you are in a better place, man. :)

Last edited:
G

gore42

Oh man. He had started emailing me a few weeks ago ... he was a very nice guy. What awful news.

- Matt

E

Equestris

It's a shock to hear of the passing of someone who you are used to seeing in this community. I feel really sad to hear it. I am glad his sister let you know what happened; I wonder how often someone we know online passes away and we never know.

God rest your soul Patrix; you added in a nice way to all our lives. I had to smile just a little to hear that you were buying orchids to the end. May your heaven be full of them!

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Barbara

I am very sad to hear this news. May he find peace where ever he is now.

Rick

Reaction score
Heather said:
His sister also told me this morning that the orchids he willed to the local orchid society, so hopefully they will be memories that will continue to live on. :)
He was a member of one of the Atlanta societies too. I was counting on meeting him at the last round of shows down there, but he was under the weather at the time, and didn't make it.:(

He will be missed by his local society too.

ohio-guy

Reaction score
I read the news and thought how very sad, but such a tribute to pass on his orchids to others that they might share his enjoyment of them.
It is a tribute to his character. I have only been on the forum a short while , but have enjoyed it greatly, thanks to members like him, who were interested in sharing their interest and experience with others.

L

L I Jane

My oh my -that is indeed sad news! We'll all miss him.May he rest in peace.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
That is sad news. He was certainly an asset to this forum, and he will be missed.

Thank you, Heather, for contacting his family, and letting us know.