Rth. Memoria Mario Lanza x Rlc. William Farrell 'Pastel Parade'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteM

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unclear if this is registered, but incredibly fragrant. This is the third and last blooming before I repot this aggressive grower. Picked it up at Carmela Orchids in Hakalau, Hawaii. Stopped in and ran through the nursery pulling random seedlings out of community baskets on our honeymoon road trip around the big island in Jan 2017. What a long and wonderful life with orchids she signed up for ;)

Apologies, photographs always seem to oversaturate.

enjoy.

IMG_4867.JPG IMG_4863.JPG IMG_4868.JPG IMG_4866.JPG

Pretty sunset or pumpkin colors.

You can check on the RHS link below when it gets registered (I checked just now but nothing shows up so is still unregistered):

http://apps.rhs.org.uk/horticulturaldatabase/orchidregister/parentageresults.asp

It's also easy to register a name on the RHS site, but you will need to ask the originator of the cross (in this case Carmela Orchids) if they intend to register it as they get first dibs at the naming.

If they (Carmela) don't intend to register, then you can always name it after your wife. A tribute to yours and her memories of Hawaii (as well as to keep your sanity).

I picked up two of these seedlings. The second plant just bloomed for the first time. A bit different in color and similar shape.. Same flower count (2) and potted in a net basket.

DECB9733-CD36-4048-8996-C788AE8CB392.jpeg3B49CC94-9A10-4959-9ECD-99C05D3E8224.jpeg

The second one def is better for shape. Colors are good for both. First one had incurve petals on top and exposes a window that is undesirable in a display plant. Hopefully it will correct on 2nd or possibly 3rd blooming in my experience with this kind of breeding.

Latest posts

Back