Rth. Dal's Emperor 'Allan'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SouthPark

Reaction score
This is a mini catt with yellow flowers. Some reds and some lines can appear - depending on temperature. This time - it developed a bud and flowered in quite warm times. An all-yellow colour in the flower. I also grow Rth. Dal's Emperor 'Michelle', which is also a very nice yellow-flower mini catt.

The flower shown here started to open up yesterday. The yellow tepals get a deeper yellow with time - when the flower matures.

Rth. Dal's Emperor 'Allan' :

Rth. Dal's Emperor 'Allan'_16-Dec2020.jpg

Last edited:
Just adding a couple of nice pics for size comparison. It really is a mini-catt hehe

Rth. Dal's Emperor 'Allan' and Rlc. Memoria Helen Brown 'Sweet Afton m. Splash' : 16-Dec2020

Rth. Dal's Emperor 'Allan' & Rlc. Memoria Helen Brown 'Sweet Afton m. Splash'_16-Dec2020.jpg

Rth. Dal's Emperor 'Allan' & Rlc. Memoria Helen Brown 'Sweet Afton m. Splash'_1_16-Dec2020.jpg

Last edited:
Very lovely, all! :)

I would, though, have thought that plant 1 and 3 were the divisions, hadn't you said otherwise!
Is the red in the lip of plant 2 due either to any cultural differences from how plant 1 was grown, or just to sheer happenstance?
Lastly, the cheeky question: you are 100% certain that you didn't, accidentially, mix up the nametags?! 😁 😁

Guldal ------ good questions!! I grow all my catts in scoria (lava rock) - and have heard from growers about temperature dependence. During cold or colder times --- the flowers generally get the reds in their throat and even get the pinkish or red tinge around the lip perimeter. I'll keep an eye out on the future flowerings at the various times and conditions (of the season) and see if I can spot or confirm this pattern, or even comment on whether those reports are true or not.

Nice cheeky question too hehehe ....... the 'Allan' has petal shape and form features different from the 'Michelle' - and this 'Allan' came from a single plant ----- just including a pic of four pots from one plant. The plant was pretty big prior to dividing (not a compot that appeared as one plant) :D

I divided the plants ----- for backup purposes. I've never encountered virus symptoms etc in any of my orchids. But I reckon that making backups (like data files hehehe) can be beneficial - just in case :D

Rth. Dal's Emperor 'Allan' (four pots ---- originally one plant) :

Rth. Dal's Emperor 'Allan' pots_16-Dec2020.jpg

Last edited:
they look a bit dry????

OP ...... some of the original leaves were like that when I acquired the plant. It was one whole plant before. They're all developing new shoots too. Doing well up here :D

Just attaching a google drive link for slightly higher res -------- click here (pic link) ------- we will see some new shoots a bit better, and even a little sheath in the second pot from the left-hand-side.

All the new bulbs coming out will likely develop sheaths and flowers too. This plant develops flowers without much trouble at all ----- really quite a good one.

Last edited:
Back