rothschildianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Without knowing anything about roths and just judging from the picture..I can see obvious faults..pouch vertical axis is off line with the vertical axis of the flower sepals ..the vertical stance of the main area would be nicer if it weren't as elongated (biggest fault in my mind) or the dorsal should be wider..the petals near the center hold their shape well but the right petal starts twisting and finishes lower than the left petal (so symmetry is diluted) and along with the dorsal , has continuity issues along the edges but not a major thing... Hard to tell what the true color and finish are..so no comment on that...but still a nice flower...

It may not be finished harding off either Ed which we all know roth petals move around allot until that time.
I have a couple plants of this cross, 'Red Rider' X 'Buff' is Z7174. I have not seen them bloom so I can't comment on the overall quality of the cross. Your first roth? first bloom? It's fine in my book.

Latest posts

Back