Rothschildianum pictures megathread. Please post all your roth photos here.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paphioland

Reaction score
I thought it would be fun to post pics of roths with their parentage info up to wild plants. If the plants are not yours then post at your own risk LOL. People get pissy over their photos. I won't care though LOL. If they are on the net I think they can be posted as long as there is credit for the plant or the website.
We could get an awesome thread here and a wonderful visual resource to see different crosses. Post them please good or bad.

myfirstplantrexxmm.jpg

Roth 'Shogunate'

rex x mm

had 5 flowers. Toward the end of bloom.
32.5 ns

r5-spike-1.jpg

Roth 'Usuki'

32ns

rex x mm

roth.jpg

Roth '7th Heaven'

rex x mm

PICT0024.jpg

Roth 'Dazzler'

nanchou x mm

Interesting to see the the difference in background color - 'Borneo' has a more strongly yellow background. And 'Borneo' has a much narrower dorsal and petals. Wonderful to see how much fuller and more visually impressive the newer rothschildianums are. My fav so far; 'Dazzler'
Leo

I second the good idea for a thread. I think most people don't care if their photos are used on forums, for educational purposes, as long as credit is given.

:clap:I love 'petticoats'! :drool: Beautiful photos Ramon! This makes the comparisons much easier! This is a terrific thread!

I forgot to post the side-view of the split synsepal showing the staminode.

Ramon:)

Revolution x MM
2251940180_a27959ffbf_b.jpg

Well I guess I'll post my roth. It isn't great like the Rex X MM but it blooms. The clonel name is 'Tamara'. It's a cross of 'Penn Valley' X 'Tennys'. I don't know the history of PV or Tennys, they may both be collected plants or came from the C. E. X Borneo. Tennys has a HCC from 1966! The tag says PV is an AM but I have no proof

rothTamara3flWP.jpg

rothTamarasideWP.jpg

Well I guess I'll post my roth. It isn't great like the Rex X MM but it blooms. The clonel name is 'Tamara'. It's a cross of 'Penn Valley' X 'Tennys'. I don't know the history of PV or Tennys, they may both be collected plants or came from the C. E. X Borneo. Tennys has a HCC from 1966! The tag says PV is an AM but I have no proof

If I remember Ill try to ask later this month if it is wild collected or not, but the Penn Valley would be Doc Wilson's awarded as elliottianum, got an score of 85 back in '77 and then got a FCC of 90 in '80.

Thanks Scooby for the update. I knew W.W. Wilson was the owner of Penn Valley and all plants that carry that clonel name. I have his "Paphiopedilum Hybrids" book, copyright 1990. I also have a piece of his Paph St. Swithin 'Penn Valley' AM/AOS (I'll post pics later)

Rick

Latest posts

Back