Rothschildianum low temperatures

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiwi

Reaction score
Hi all,

Well it is spring here and temperatures are starting to warm up. I have been growing my roths, sandies and mastersianums under lights at a constant heat of approximately 20 Celsius through winter. I was wanting to put them all outside in my glasshouse but night temperatures are still getting down to 7-8 Celsius. Day temperatures in glasshouse are in the mid-high twenties.

Will putting these outside now be detrimental to their growth? Or will they just stall for a while until the night temps start to increase?

Thanks in advance

They grow in malaysia on sarawak peninsula at roughly 1800 feet elevation, I would google that and adjust my temps accordingly, I grow mine winter night 60 -65 day 75 - 78 it is growing very well my summer temps are 90 day 70 night

I think 7-8 is too low. Mine have winter range of 13-15 to 24 with a rare drop overnight to 10-12 and have continued to grow but more slowly. I have mine in clear pots so i can see root activity. They never stopped.

Yes, I agree that 7-8 degrees is a bit cool, especially if they are small seedlings. My roths grow in a heated glasshouse set at a minimum of 15 to 16 degrees.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back