Roth

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
........Hope you like

How shouldn't I/we not like such a well grown P. rothschildianum. I speak from my own experience and say KUDOS to such a well grown plant and her flower count. Not to forget the shape and stance of the flowers. 👌 May I ask of the spread of the petals ?

How shouldn't I/we not like such a well grown P. rothschildianum. I speak from my own experience and say KUDOS to such a well grown plant and her flower count. Not to forget the shape and stance of the flowers. 👌 May I ask of the spread of the petals ?
They’ve been open for a bit but the first bloom was maybe 8 1/2”. I think the first flower tends to be the largest. They are not the largest of Roth blooms but I like the strong color, overall stance, and dorsal shape. It is a Mont Malais (sp?) offspring crossed back to parent from what I was told. It’s probably bloomed five or six times since I’ve had it which is maybe 15 years. This time it carried the most flowers though. Roths are my favorite of them all.....primordial 🥰

Looks like a very healthy clump, congrats on the great growing and the beautiful blooms! Any blooming roth is a great roth!

I did not have much luck with deflasking mine, they all died bar three, but even the three survivors do not look particularly healthy. The long time in transport did not do them well.

Have you got any in ypur collections?

Yes, I have a few. I think you need to start off with some larger plants. They are much easier to grow. Although they are hard to come by here. I think rothschildianum is one of the easiest multi-floral species to grow.

Last edited:
Yes, I have a few. I think you need to start off with some larger plants. They are much easier to grow. Although they are to come by here. I think rothschildianum is one of the easiest multi-floral species to grow.
Do you grow them cool, intermediate or warm ?

Hi all: Have not posted in a long time but was excited about my Roth blooming with FOUR flowers! I just grow in a South facing window. Hope you like
Loving the sturdy laterals’ stances and happy you let the flowers decide which way to face. Plant looks spectacularly grown. Congratulations!

They’ve been open for a bit but the first bloom was maybe 8 1/2”. I think the first flower tends to be the largest. They are not the largest of Roth blooms but I like the strong color, overall stance, and dorsal shape. It is a Mont Malais (sp?) offspring crossed back to parent from what I was told. It’s probably bloomed five or six times since I’ve had it which is maybe 15 years. This time it carried the most flowers though. Roths are my favorite of them all.....primordial 🥰
Nice you’ve grown it so well for so long! Is it indoors all year by your S window? Any care tips - media, watering freq, feeding?

Latest posts

Back