roth x (James Bacon× Tokyo Black Night)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Extremely well done. Wow! Any tips on getting it to bloom?
they just take a while. mine just started blooming this year and i think i got them from Sam back in '19 or best case '20 just before the pandemic lockdown (i remember because he had just gotten back from a japan trip, and i flew out to see him, and went on a cruise the following weekend - in retrospect, so many things wrong with that situation :) )

I appreciate the diversity of these hybrids. Thanks for posting! These photos give me hope. Hopefully they will be reliable bloomers once they hit maturity.
Darlene, I have a P. Rene Doll (Winston Churchill 'Indomitable' FCC/AOS x roth.'Tennys' AM/AOS division. It was a door prize at the last Paph Forum before Covid, so Jan. 2020 (new division). It's very happy growing, but has not bloomed. I read that they are fussy when divided and can take 3 or 4 years. So.... I also have a P. Michael Koopowitz that's a year older than the W.C. x roth that's not bloomed. Someone told me to put it on a heat mat. I have. It's happy growing, so we will see about it as well. I put the W.C. x roth on the heat mat, too. Don't know if that will help or hurt. I need to look these things up...

Darlene, I have a P. Rene Doll (Winston Churchill 'Indomitable' FCC/AOS x roth.'Tennys' AM/AOS division. It was a door prize at the last Paph Forum before Covid, so Jan. 2020 (new division). It's very happy growing, but has not bloomed. I read that they are fussy when divided and can take 3 or 4 years. So.... I also have a P. Michael Koopowitz that's a year older than the W.C. x roth that's not bloomed. Someone told me to put it on a heat mat. I have. It's happy growing, so we will see about it as well. I put the W.C. x roth on the heat mat, too. Don't know if that will help or hurt. I need to look these things up...
Thanks @southernbelle - Please keep me posted on how this goes for you. My phals and brachy paphs are on heating mats for the winter. My M. Koopowitz and other multiflorals bloomed on without it the mats, but maybe they would have bloomed sooner on the mats.

Latest posts

Back