Roth val x titanic

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s a blooming roth, so that’s something, but definitely not what we hope for from select breeding. It always makes me wonder - we usually only see the best from a cross, but how many plants did the OZ have to flower to get a Red Baron or Wide Horizon? Thousands? I don’t hold out much hope for the dozen or so seedlings I’m growing up, but it’s still fun to put in the work to be the first person to see what they can do!

It’s a blooming roth, so that’s something, but definitely not what we hope for from select breeding. It always makes me wonder - we usually only see the best from a cross, but how many plants did the OZ have to flower to get a Red Baron or Wide Horizon? Thousands? I don’t hold out much hope for the dozen or so seedlings I’m growing up, but it’s still fun to put in the work to be the first person to see what they can do!
This is the reason of high price to pay for a division. I have a small divison of a GM/WOC roth, I saw its flowers personally.Price was 500 euros, but I think, it was not too expensive at all for that plant. When we asked -theoretically- the owner to sell the mother plant for 3000 euros, he laughed and said: " Not, of course"

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back