Roth time!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnyr5

Reaction score
Best time of the year, hah.
This is the Hilo roth from 2021 in this post:
https://www.slippertalk.com/threads/slightly-less-bittersweet-roth.51690/Unfortunately, although it showed up looking good, within 4-5 days it started dying of Erwinia just like the other one I purchased; the entire growth was gone within a month, save for a single leaf and the new start. How I managed to both save it and rebloom it with 1 more flower than last time in 1.5 years is beyond me. Just a tiny 30in wide fan, so I'm not expecting huge flowers on this bloom.

10723.jpeg

It has bounced back nicely. It is in bloom again so soon and there's a little new start I see.
It's a survivor if anything!

I've had plants show up with mealies, but it's never taken me more than a week to kill them off in quarantine.

Best time of the year, hah.
This is the Hilo roth from 2021 in this post:
https://www.slippertalk.com/threads/slightly-less-bittersweet-roth.51690/Unfortunately, although it showed up looking good, within 4-5 days it started dying of Erwinia just like the other one I purchased; the entire growth was gone within a month, save for a single leaf and the new start. How I managed to both save it and rebloom it with 1 more flower than last time in 1.5 years is beyond me. Just a tiny 30in wide fan, so I'm not expecting huge flowers on this bloom.

View attachment 37686
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

You’re doing much better with yours than I am with mine. It’s still hanging on, but I think it will be a couple more years before I see it bloom again. Congrats on the great recovery, and I see a new growth starting already down at the base!

You’re doing much better with yours than I am with mine. It’s still hanging on, but I think it will be a couple more years before I see it bloom again. Congrats on the great recovery, and I see a new growth starting already down at the base!
Oh no! So sorry to hear. Try whacking it with Phyton 27, if you haven't already.
The one that came in even worse shape is also in sheath, but I am not going to let that one bloom.

Oh no! So sorry to hear. Try whacking it with Phyton 27, if you haven't already.
The one that came in even worse shape is also in sheath, but I am not going to let that one bloom.
I haven't had to treat it with anything in a while, and it's growing, just not expecting blooms for another 2 years. Excited to see yours fully open!HOF_roth.jpg

Well that doesn't look so bad...
We are in the fakeout stage of opening right now. You know that fun little thing roths do where they open first before expanding & make you think it will be a tiny, crappy bloom, only to grow by like, 6cm over the following week lol.

Latest posts

Back