Roth Mont Millais sib cross

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For certain it is not a Mt Millais progeny, because of the dorsal and pouch shape... Over the years a lot of sellers found that Mt Millais as a parent on the tag means better sales, and when they bloom, they always quote the 'genetic variability'...

So even though this is its first-time blooming, the differences are too great to say it could have MM as a parent?

In any event, it’s the first roth I’ve ever tried blooming, so I’m happy. There are three additional growths, too.

So even though this is its first-time blooming, the differences are too great to say it could have MM as a parent?

In any event, it’s the first roth I’ve ever tried blooming, so I’m happy. There are three additional growths, too.
Indeed, Mt Millais progeny has a very special dorsal that it transmits to its progeny... even as a first bloom plant.

very small plant. No idea of its potential, yet.
Maybe it will have a career as pocket-size (read: compact) roth. Only time will show - I already see the advert for my inner vision, though: 'a clone especially suited for the window sill grower! 🤑
I fear' Roth' is right, concerning the colouring of the dorsal, and Mt.Millais. But, I for one, like its pouch colour a lot! 😁

I agree there is no evidence of MM in the flower. But congrats on blooming it! Even though flowering roths are much more common these days, it is still something to be proud of.

Maybe it will have a career as pocket-size (read: compact) roth. Only time will show - I already see the advert for my inner vision, though: 'a clone especially suited for the window sill grower! 🤑
I fear' Roth' is right, concerning the colouring of the dorsal, and Mt.Millais. But, I for one, like its pouch colour a lot! 😁
Yes! It’s quite happy in my window sill.:)

FWIW - this is generally how my Raptor crosses bloomed out, and after a spring/summer spent in a friend's large greenhouse. Nice color, good shape - but blooming on very short stems and very young plants.

Congrats on flowering a roth, excited to see it on a more mature plant. The colors look promising!

Latest posts

Back