roth Jamboree Zebra

Discussion in 'Paphiopedilum' started by paworsport, Aug 1, 2010.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

1. Aug 1, 2010 #1
    Hi All

I already see pics of different roth clones but never for the clone Jamboree Zebra (Nan Chou x MM). Has someone pics of this roth or could help to describe it ? I understand it is dark with white background...

thanks in advance

Phil

2. Aug 1, 2010 #2

paphioland

paphioland

paphioland

It is a upper mid nanchou x mm. There were many better ones. It is inferior to the top clones ie- dazzler and red barron. That being said there are not many of the cross and it has some unique color characteristics.

3. Aug 1, 2010 #3

paphioland

paphioland

paphioland

My clone dazzler I posted is from the same cross but much better.

4. Aug 1, 2010 #4
    Thanks a lot, it is informative. I remember your nice clone Dazzler of course !!! with it incredible colour.
    Sam offers a cross between Jamboree Zebra and Perfection. For color and size it could be great !

5. Aug 1, 2010 #5

paphioland

paphioland

paphioland

Size is doubtful. Neither are very large. Color probably. I know jamboree zebra was not a top clone. I have heard it from both Terry and Norito.

I have seedlings of Dazzler by Canadian Club but did not get much germination. I also have seedlings with dazzler and some really nice rex x mm. The nanchou x mm crossed with the rex x mm will be spectacular. rex x mm for size and the nanchou x mm for size and color. The best nanhou x mm were close in size to rex x mm

6. Aug 5, 2010 #6
    It is rare to see seedlings with parents from awarded roth from Franck Smith collection. I just saw a cross in the web (orchids limited) between Franck Smith FCc and Black Magic (??)
    Sam Tsui has a cross from OZ with Red Baron.

7. Aug 6, 2010 #7

Fabrice

Fabrice

Fabrice

I'm sorry but how is it possible to know the quality of Jamboree Zebra if there's no photo of this roth.
    Is someone here have already seen this roth.? I t seems that not...

I think a good breeder doesn't look at only color and form but lots of others specific aspects of the plant.
    So, I think if Jamboree Zebra was used with Perfection, there's a good reason.

Elsewhere, who made this cross? Sam?

But I tell that because I have this cross!:p:D:poke:;)

8. Aug 6, 2010 #8
    Hi Fabrice,

I will have this plant soon in September, FS. I don't know who made the cross but Sam is expecting good flowers and may be good surprises (like Lege"nd x Macrura Nion or your nice roth from a Taiwan cross) ! Is it a big plant ?

9. Aug 6, 2010 #9

Justin

Justin

Justin

did Norito make this cross? i have a few seedlings of it...the biggest is probably still 2 years or so from blooming.

10. Aug 6, 2010 #10

paphioland

paphioland

paphioland

Yes. Terry sold the cross to Norito. He priced it and judged it to come up with a price. He has seen every nanchou x mm bloom. So not only does he have one of the best eyes in the biz, he has seen all of the cross to judge. I have also talked to Norito who bought the plant and always gives an honest summation. I have seen perfection and I have seen many nanchou x mm. Is it a good cross? Yes. Could a better nanchou x mm been used for better odds? Yes.
    In terms of breeding I think a larger nanchou x mm would have been better. I have seedlings of this cross as well.