roth first bloom

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just another perspective

13929100453_aa3c706c49_b.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/100564759@N03/13929100453/sizes/l

No matter which way you shoot it, it's a beauty! Thanks for the awesome photojournalism on this one. It is much appreciated.

I feel the same, but with kolos instead of mics. What is it about roths? I've considered selling the rest of my plants to buy more roths. And I have another kolo on order... It would be easier to maintain an environment to tailor to one or two species rather than a multitude of species from all over the world.

bummer, but still a very special plant. keep growing it on and i bet it gets an AM in the next few years.

I can understand why they thought it was below par or they just wanted to see it's potential played out before judging...I may have misheard but it seemed that when they were researching the standards for roths from the recent awards going back a few years..they found the records to be inconsistent..I saw some of the pictures myself..and either the photographs were of poor quality (which is true in some cases) or the flowers were not up to standards. Dimensions were all over the place. There is so much hype around roth standards that dont seem to bear out in the recent records, that perhaps it was best to err on the side of caution. I do feel if this plant gets an award down the line, there will be absolutely no doubt about it's worthiness. The judges really liked the color ..but felt the form needed improvement as well as the arrangement. I think if this plant bloomed in the summertime (more light), it may have done better...but the plant may have been tricked into blooming with the minimum light it needs to do so..we did have a weird winter with lots of sunny days ..but even in seattle a winter sunny day is not so sunny (because of how low the sun is in the sky)

not as good as the first one but still...there is something about the last flower on all three of these. Just doesn't want to separate as much.

This one had three buds but the first one blasted
14116742895_fb9a22e52e_c.jpg

This one, the dorsal is smaller than the synsepal and the pouch seems kinda
small..the petals curl a bit too

14116744185_f8a4d9e4b3_c.jpg

Latest posts

Back