Roth experts!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far two, maybe three roths:
Paph. rothschildianum x sib ('Jim Krull' FCC/AOS x 'Canadian Club' GM/JOGA)
Paph. rothschildianum x sib ('Oriental Red' x 'Mont Miliais' FCC/AOS')

and the maybe one is:

Paph. rothschildianum x sib ('Gigantic' FCC/AOS x 'Perfection' FCC/AOS, G/JOGA)

The problem is that he also has PEoY NBS that cost about the same as the one from Elsner, but I bet these are much better quality, so I want one of those too... Plus a superbiens var. curtisii that sounds stunning (and then I know I would get a superbiens that I liked) I don't know if I should switch one of the roths for a PEoY and a curtisii or not...

If I could I would take them all, but it's that little problem called "money" you know. :(

That's really nice of him. :D

Do you have a stonei yet?

Do you have a stonei yet?
Nope. It's nice looking, but I prefer the roth and/or wilhelminiae, besides, the stonei is an even bigger plant than the roth, I'll run out of windowsills faster than you can say "Oh my God, that's a lot of flowers!". :rollhappy:

I am now debating whether or not to order all five of the plants instead... :drool:

Can i help you shop? Go for the two roths you listed and get a gardineri and a praestans.

PAS0353 and 0295 both are compact miltiflorals.

Hmm... That gardineri doesn't sound too bad actually and considering I like wilhelminiae and all... I'll have to think about it.

Can i help you shop? Go for the two roths you listed and get a gardineri and a praestans.

PAS0353 and 0295 both are compact miltiflorals.

The cross PAS0353 is a real good grower and likes warm temperature. I got it 2 years ago and it has leafspan of about 7 inches across with a new growth.

The roth I liked is the one with 'Oriental Red' x 'Mont Millais' as it is a vigorous and fast growing plant.

PS I find Paph stonei is a way faster grower than roth!

Paphman910

Well, I haven't regretted listening to eggshells so far and it's darn tempting I must say. Problem is that the T5 is in the kitchen so the roths and the gardineri will suffer the same temperatures, unless I do like Ayreon did, and toss the roths outside when they've reached BS. ;)

Last edited:
Nah, no albums for now, now I want a gardineri I think. I'll ask Sam if he can swap the last roth with a gardineri instead. eggshells has done it again. :rollhappy:

I only want the best for you :)
Which is for me to drown in Paphs, right? :wink:

Yay! He agreed to replace the roth with a gardineri! Now I'll have two baby roths and one gorgeous little gardineri!

Now I'll have to run around and be ridiculously happy for a while! :rollhappy:

Back