roth 'Chester Hills'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyT

Reaction score
Hi all,

First time with a real post. Here is a piece of Paph rothschildiana 'Chester Hills' showing what I think is it's AM/AOS form and then some from looking at the award data. It's tag also says, 'FCC/RHS' but I don't know if that's correct, so if anybody can confirm or refute that, I'd appreciate it. I've been told that it is one of the seven original jungle collected roths. I'm pretty happy with it but still aspire to acquire one of the contemporary clones. This is definitely a keeper, though. It is about 10 weeks from first bud opening. I uploaded directly to ST, so sorry for the small pixely photos. I'll work out a host/link photo arrangement sometime...

Andy

Aspiring to be more than a Paph Hack

D52_2226-xrST.jpg

D52_2232-xrST.jpg

D52_2237-xrST.jpg

D52_2238-xrST.jpg

Nicely done!
When I enlarge your pics to look at greater details, they're out of focus. Maybe play with your camera's focus when close up shots then zoom out for the whole plant shots

Nicely done!
When I enlarge your pics to look at greater details, they're out of focus. Maybe play with your camera's focus when close up shots then zoom out for the whole plant shots

No, the original photos are in focus. It's just the severely reduced size of these files to meet the ST photo uploading guidelines, which I didn't quite meet (<37 KB). Maybe I should just ignore that rule and upload some decent size photos.

use postimage.org and select 17" size and dont post the thumbnail option.

I have found a reference to FCC/RHS also. Can't find a way to access the RHS awards database to check, though.

Last edited:
Love seeing this. Last year I received a roth that I was told was originally collected in 1954, and sold by division through Taylor Orchids, where the seller acquired it in 1995. I love original plants but I never heard of the “original seven clones” you describe. Would love more information on that or my 1954 roth. I mean, I have no way to verify that independently but I believe the woman. She kept data on all its blooms since 95. The current growth in this division is mature and I had hoped for an inflorescence but nope, I got another new growth instead, I guess. Oh well, still very happy as long as it lives.

Latest posts

Back