• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Rosalie Dixler

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Memoria Dick Clements but I think Rosalie Dixler branches easier. These is a nice one on eBay right now.

Yeah there are quite a few:
besseae x lindleyanum = Phrag. Andean Fire
besseae x lindleyanum var. sargentianum = Memoria Dick Clements
besseae x lindleyanum var. kaieteurum = Rosalie Dixler
dalessandroi x lindleyanum = QF Maria
dalessandroi* x lindleyanum var. sargentianum = Phrag. Grosnez
however the one on ebay right now is very bright red , the dorsal is very nice red too .

Now, I really do need a Phrag Rosalie Dixler. Any suggestions? How about a similar flower? Suggestions please.
I have to control myself for a few days already to not bid on that ebay one , I try to reason to myself that I already have
QF Maria=dalessandroi x lindleyanum
I should not need the other 3 or 4 similar 1st generation beseae or dallesandroi .
But you know ..they are really not looking like each other , the one with dalessandroi is more orange than red .
I think you should try to get this nice ebay one , it is so big you could even divide it and trade the divisions .

Memoria Dick Clements but I think Rosalie Dixler branches easier. These is a nice one on eBay right now.

OMG I saw it! Magnificient!!!!! I would love to bid on it but am tied up with the auction here (funds are limited). I would love to purchase a div of it or trade for a div.

Wish I knew who will be getting it.

I have to control myself for a few days already to not bid on that ebay one , I try to reason to myself that I already have
QF Maria=dalessandroi x lindleyanum
I should not need the other 3 or 4 similar 1st generation beseae or dallesandroi .
But you know ..they are really not looking like each other , the one with dalessandroi is more orange than red .
I think you should try to get this nice ebay one , it is so big you could even divide it and trade the divisions .

I'd love a division of it to buy or trade for. If you should 'break down', keep me in mind!

Hien, although not as red, QF Maria will branch and give you many flowers over a long period. I have a lead on a nice, really red hybrid. If you want I can ask if they have more.

Hien, although not as red, QF Maria will branch and give you many flowers over a long period. I have a lead on a nice, really red hybrid. If you want I can ask if they have more.

what is that red hybrid Eric?

-on Feb Dearborn show , I got from Glen of Piping rock I think he got his plants from his friend Quintal in Hawaii .
1 longifolium 'black as Night' x dalessandroi
1 lindleyanum x dallessandroi
both bloom right away on first grow, amazing .
The longifolium cross spike's top was broken by some one at the show before I bought it , so I only see one flower , orange red enough , the dorsal is more yellow orange though.. no other flower to see if it will become more red .
The QF Maria is on second bloom now , red orange but the dorsal is not quite filled with red either .
So I think the dalessandroi hybrid tends to be more orange ?
maybe around Feb I saw the old last year post by Adam? on Windy hill division , I called Marilyn , only the Inca Embers left , so we wait until spring , I am so shock to see how well grown and gigantic her plants are ,
She sent me all four Inca Embers,
-'Crimson Star’ AM/AOS.
-‘LeDoux’s Deluxe’ AM/AOS. .
-‘Red Star’ AM/AOS.
- ‘Windy Hill’ AM/AOS.
she also found a
- Sunset Glow ‘Windy Hill’ HCC/AOS
and
-Inca Fire 'Crimson Queen'
yesterday I water them and one of them fell to the floor, so I pick it up , my God it is in spike, the 'Ledoux's Deluxe'

I'd love a division of it to buy or trade for. If you should 'break down', keep me in mind!
I hope someone on our forum get it . That plant looks like it needs to be divided in 4 at least .
:poke:

I have success with some Phrags and others hate me. The Rosalie Dixler did splendidly for me - always faithfully blooming.

Back