Roger from Raising Rarities Cypripediums

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone this is Roger from Raising Rarities and I sell Cypripediums exclusively.

Raising Rarities prides itself in selling fine well developed dormant Cypripediums rhizomes.

We have the largest selection of Cyps in the US.

I will soon be setting up a vendors page.

I hope I can assist anyone interested in Cypripedium information and the culture of Cyps.

index.17.jpg

Our sales table was next to Roger's at the Illinois Orchid Society show last weekend and I can attest to the fact that there was a great deal of interest in his Cyps. He had a great selection and a lot of good cultural information. Welcome!

At the same show, I went to look at Tom Kalina's plants, got one I had been looking for, a nice Paph violescens. And ended up spending an hour browsing through Roger's Raising Rarities Cyps. Came home with blooming size C. kentukiense, C. regina and a (kentukiense x microsarcos) hybrid. All clearly blooming sized bare root clumps. All had multiple eyes, ready to go this spring. Good stuff here.

I'd be most interested in knowing if Roger grows his Cyps. in pots and then
hardens them off outside or grows them outside year 'round. I've not had
especially good results transplanting pot grown Cyps.

Dear Abax
Thank you for your inquiry. You should only transplant when the plant is dormant preferably in the fall when new eyes have developed. Don't ever plant in clay based soils. Please go to the link provided which is at the website called Cypripedium Culture In Pots and read it thoroughly. I always send curltural info with my plants. I will shortly be selling at Slipper talk also but I need to set it up a bit. Hope this helps Sincerely Roger @ Raising Rarities http://raisingrarities.com/Cypripedium_Care.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, Roger. All this part of KY has is clay based soil and more
costly amendments than the cost of the plants. I did try acaule and
was very disappointed. Cyp. acaule, I'm told, is the hardest one to
transplant. I guess I proved that!

*perhaps the link didn't work for Eric.

Dear Abax
C. acaule died because it needs acidic soils plus the clay is certain death sentence but if you read about "Cypripedium culture in pots" at my website you will find that you can easily grow Cyps. for $7.00 a bag of mix if you ordered it.
you just put the plant in the pot then sink the plot in the ground. The link below explains this but you must read it carefully .Thank you again for your inquiry.http://raisingrarities.com/Cypripedium_Care.htm

Latest posts

Back