Rlc. Toshie Aoki 'Pizazz' AM/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw this at Akatsuka in Volcano, HI about 5 yrs ago and lived it. Their’s was a clear yellow with a distinct red splash. I ordered it and mine bloomed with the colors all messed up. I tested it—virused. So I ordered another from Chadwick’s that did not survive. Ordered another from Akatsuka, telling them of my problem which they basically said wasn’t possible. I asked them to guarantee another one which they did. Waiting for it to bloom. Hoping for the best.

I saw this at Akatsuka in Volcano, HI about 5 yrs ago and lived it. Their’s was a clear yellow with a distinct red splash. I ordered it and mine bloomed with the colors all messed up. I tested it—virused. So I ordered another from Chadwick’s that did not survive. Ordered another from Akatsuka, telling them of my problem which they basically said wasn’t possible. I asked them to guarantee another one which they did. Waiting for it to bloom. Hoping for
I saw this at Akatsuka in Volcano, HI about 5 yrs ago and lived it. Their’s was a clear yellow with a distinct red splash. I ordered it and mine bloomed with the colors all messed up. I tested it—virused. So I ordered another from Chadwick’s that did not survive. Ordered another from Akatsuka, telling them of my problem which they basically said wasn’t possible. I asked them to guarantee another one which they did. Waiting for it to bloom. Hoping for the best.
Good luck with your current clone. We all know that mericloning doesn't always work out: quite often mutations set in. Good examples are Rlc. Greenwich 'Elmhurst' and Slc. Hawaiian Splash 'Lea'. If you get a good mericlone the difference between the original and the copy is minimal but, unfortunately, I have seen mericlones of both these very nice hybrids which showed little resemblance to the original.
If you look at the lip colour of Rlc. Greenwich 'Elmhurst' and then compare it to our recently made mericlones you will see what I mean: they are pathetic travesties compared to the original plant. Sometimes the best choice is to seek out a division of the plant you want, otherwise there is no guarantee.

Latest posts

Back