Rlc. Nakornchaisri Red

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful! I see more sunset than watermelon, but maybe that's my computer screen. I wish the flowers were a little more spaced out so each one could fully expand, do they usually struggle to escape the sheath?

Beautiful! I see more sunset than watermelon, but maybe that's my computer screen. I wish the flowers were a little more spaced out so each one could fully expand, do they usually struggle to escape the sheath?

Thanks for the very nice remarks NE! Sunset is another imagery I see! Totally agree.
For this particular flowering. The sheath was actually much longer than usual. And I could have split the sheath like a banana to allow the flowers to get their usual spacing. But I decided to leave it like that for the bunched effect this time - to change things up a bit. I'm pretty sure that if I were to peel the sheath right now ----- the flowers would just take on the regular positions.

Will include pics of the same orchid - flowering in March of this year.
Rlc. Nakornchaisri Red_flowers1_16-Mar2021.jpg
Rlc. Nakornchaisri Red_flowers2_16-Mar2021.jpg
Rlc. Nakornchaisri Red_flowers3_16-Mar2021.jpg
Rlc. Nakornchaisri Red_flowers4_16-Mar2021.jpg
Rlc. Nakornchaisri Red_flowers5_16-Mar2021.jpg
Rlc. Nakornchaisri Red_20-Mar2021.jpg
And another previous flowering below - watermelon effect ------
Rlc. Nakornchaisri Red_2.jpg

Attachments

• Rlc. Nakornchaisri Red_1.jpg
    Rlc. Nakornchaisri Red_1.jpg
    578.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Rlc. Nakornchaisri Red_flowers2_16-Mar2021.jpg
    Rlc. Nakornchaisri Red_flowers2_16-Mar2021.jpg
    657.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Stunning, really amazing colors! And they have really nice spacing on the previous blooming. I wonder why they couldn’t escape the sheath this time, maybe a change in light or temperature?

Stunning, really amazing colors! And they have really nice spacing on the previous blooming. I wonder why they couldn’t escape the sheath this time, maybe a change in light or temperature?

Thanks so much for your post again NE! Very good question! What surprised me is that the sheath on this one is significantly longer than what I have seen previously. Surprisingly much longer than usual for this one. The buds would have cleared the sheath if the sheath had been similar in length to previous flowering. For this flowering - when I noticed the flower opening, I decided to just allow it to do its own thing - leading to this bouquet effect! The temperature and lighting are prettty good. Relatively warm now. Gets pretty good morning light --- all the way up to roughly mid-day. Generally relatively bright in the growing area most of the day though.

Last edited:
My goodness, a very high 10 on the floof scale! If those flowers aren't fragrant, it's a
shame. It LOOKS like it should be a wonderful smeller.

abax ----- haha! Thanks for the high scoring floof rating haha!!! This one has a fairly strong scent. Quite ok from a distance ----- too much maybe up close haha. In the past - I saw some people define the 'granny's perfume' ---- but I don't know exactly if it is that hahaha. It is not unpleasant at all - the scent of this one - but maybe not the most appealing in terms of delicateness/subtleness. Thanks again for your post abax! Much appreciated!

The sheaths of complex hybrids can get really long (esp on older plants) and sometimes buds cannot pass these sheaths and therefore most need help to release from their prison. In shows, it is not unusual to see them split in half to allow the flowers to spread in a row, which is a requirement for awards (for a better display).

Btw this color group is called the sunset colors .... orangey reds and yellows.... because they brighten up everyone's day!!

Latest posts

Back