Rlc. George King 'Southern Cross' AM/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks all, this is one of those plants I saw a grower bring in to the monthly NCOS meeting years ago, a huge plant with multiple blooms. It went onto my list right away, and I purchased from Carter and Holmes when they had it available.

In bloom again... I love how these blooms change colors. They start off opening an off white that gradually fades to a golden shade. You can see hints of the color on the edges of the petal. I’ll post another picture when these have had time to marinate.

enjoy.

E45446C3-5DBE-4F35-A1AF-FAA8F8BB19DB.jpeg

The colours are incredibly nice! The shades of violet in there as well. The sparkly glitter feature that the camera doesn't always pick up ------ is also extremely nice.

Pete ....... is that just due to the lighting/angle? Or that is a dark coloured leaf?
Yes, darker leaf. I am growing it mounted on cork, but the mount is horizontal, the back side of the leaf has been inadvertently turned to face the HID light. I think what you are seeing is the plant trying to protect itself from the bright light by taking on a darker color.

Yes, darker leaf. I am growing it mounted on cork, but the mount is horizontal, the back side of the leaf has been inadvertently turned to face the HID light. I think what you are seeing is the plant trying to protect itself from the bright light by taking on a darker color.

Thanks Pete! I like how it looks like an over-ripe banana peel hehehe. Amazing how those orchids put up those counter-measures! Nice one.

Back