Richard Grenell

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read the whole Spiegel article with interest,
The Vietnamese has an idiom:
“Lời nói chẳng mất tiền mua, lựa lời mà nói cho vừa lòng nhau”.
"talking words does not require purchase price, chose the ones to utter to please each other's hearts"
at the same time they also has the idiom:
"Nói thật mất lòng"
"speak the truth, one is bound to harvest resentment"
I assume the new ambassador chose the second . Which means he may be ill-suited for a career in international relation which requires a lot of sweet talking, intrigue, truth bending, lying, betrayal, back stabbing on a grand scale if one to compare it to average human affairs among common folks like us .
However , I wonder if someone coating everything he/she is saying with honey, yet would sell you out the next second without a thought of concern. Which one would you prefer ?

Sorry Hien,
not the packaging but the content of his threats are the problem

I wouldn't take his threats seriously.
Germans are amazing peoples, and I am sure Germans will always be the ones who will determine their own future and what happen in their country.

Germans are amazing peoples, and I am sure Germans will always be the ones who will determine their own future and what happen in their country.

In some cases I hope not but in most cases I hope.

Sorry all, but in my current just-waking-up state, that reminded me of a line from an old comedy song about Germany by Tom Lehrer: "We taught them a lesson in 1918, and they've hardly bothered us since then..."

Back