Rhynchostele ehrenbergii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naoki

Reaction score
This is another one which came with a bud from Andy's. I've never grown this group, but it was discounted, so I picked it up without researching about it too much. Now the bud opened, and I like it much better than I expected. I also like its compactness. So I want to keep it alive. If you have any culture tips to share, I appreciate it. Baker & Baker says that it is from 2000-2400m, summer min 53-54F, winter min. 47-54F, drier in the winter. I have more space in cool-intermeiate area (55-60F min) than the cold area (50F min), so I put it in the cool-intermediate area. Would it prefer colder? Do you reduce water in the winter?

Rhynchostele ehrenbergii on Flickr

My plants of this species are in an unheated greenhouse that reaches the mid forties often in the winter here. They do well, either mounted or potted. I don't hold water during the winter, but don't feed until growth resumes.

Beautiful. I've wanted to try something form this genus, but I don't have any way of providing the cooler temps they need or want, so I have to appreciate them from afar. Very lovely. Even the foliage is gorgeous.

Latest posts

Back