RHS Chelsea Flower Show - EYOF display and other slippers

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thank you for shareing some wonderfull photos.interesting to see display from the other side of the globe and to see european slippers,just like in the woods.
greetings from australia
manfred

Heather said:
My word, Elena! You weren't kidding!
Thanks so much! So great to see EYOF out there.

Nice Jersey, and what is Saint's Mount? Swithin x Mt. Toro? That's lovely!

Lol, that's only a small portion, I managed to run out of space on my 2gb memory card in the end :eek: Funnily enough I was just looking up Saint's Mountain on the RHS website, it is indeed Swithin x Mt Toro. That and Lady Isabel really caught my eye.

Glad everyone's enjoyed the pictures!

Elena, thanks a zillions times for those gorgeous pictures.
One after another one, I thought it will never end.
The man collapsing before the exhibition, does he look like me?
And is the exhibit EYOF's red phrags?
It is not a sign of thirst! he is just swooning from the effect of his addiction!:D

Elena said:
:D

We bought a pack of Lupin seeds for boyfriend's parents and some catalogues. There is a sell off that starts tomorrow at 4 pm and lasts a couple of hours where the exhibitors will sell some of their plants. Unfortunately we only stayed in London until this morning so no live plants for us. EYIF said they weren't selling any of their plants. There's a huge orchid show in June so I'm saving my pennies for that anyway.

Doing it in one day was pretty tiring, especially since the weather was very warm by London/England standards. There were signs everywhere urging people do drink the free water that was provided but we still saw a man collapse right in front of one of the orchid exhibits :( I think we spent about 5 hours wandering around making sure we didn't miss anything.

thanks so much for taking the time to put these pictures on line ! I think I have to plan a visit there next year, looks like a great exhibition !

Thanks again everyone!

Hien said:
Elena, thanks a zillions times for those gorgeous pictures.
One after another one, I thought it will never end.
The man collapsing before the exhibition, does he look like me?
And is the exhibit EYOF's red phrags?
It is not a sign of thirst! he is just swooning from the effect of his addiction!:D

Lol, I was getting palpitations at times too so I know the feeling :D

NYEric said:
MMMMM.. Eric Young flavum... Thanx for posting the photos.

There's a picture of one in their brochure. I never liked them that much but the colour of theirs is absolutely gorgeous!

Paphs

Hi! Elena
If you can go to London how about coming to our BPS meeting in Solihull in November.
Always an exciting time.
Phone me for details
Paul

A personal invitation, hmmm? Thanks, Paul, I've been toying with the idea, actually, and OH said he might consider driving me there although I must admit that as a relative newbie I'm finding the idea somewhat terrifying :eek:

Eric, do you still want a picture of that flavum?

BPS Meeting

It is held at the Jarvis Hotel in Solihull 17th and 18th November.
I would love to "entertain" you.
Try to come.
Look on the British Paphiopedilum website for full details.
Or as I said phone us
This meetings guest speaker is Bill Goldner. Woodstream Orchids.
There will be 4 other vendors, so come with a full purse!!!

Waiting to hear from you. (if I am not at the nursery when you ring leave your phone #, I will ring back

Latest posts

Back