RHS Chelsea Flower Show - EYOF display and other slippers

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Elena

Hi everyone!
Well, I dragged my boyfriend to Chelsea Flower Show yesterday (main flower show in UK) and had a great day! Took hundreds of pictures so I thought I'd share some with you.

There were some orchid displays there including one from Eric Young Orchid Foundation. We got chatting to their guy there and apparently they only show at Chelsea once every 4 years or so, so we were lucky to catch them this time.

Anyway, here are some (okay, LOTS!) pics. First the Eric Young display - slippers first then some other exhibits. I managed to noted down the names of most plants so you should be able to see them in image properties. It might take a while for all to show up so you might want to go make yourself a cup of tea in the meantime ;)

Paphs

EY001.jpg

EY003.jpg

EYPaphBelRoyal.jpg

EYPaphLadyIsabel2.jpg

EYSCPAPH005.jpg

EYPaphPEOY2.jpg

EYPaphSaintsMountain.jpg

EYPaphSaintsMountain1.jpg

EYSCPHRAG001.jpg

And some more things they had on show.

Boyfriend's favourite was a monster Max tenuifolia 'Saint Hellier'. He now wants to buy one for us too :D
EYMaxtenuifoliasainthelier.jpg

EYSCMax_tenuifolia_SaintHillier.jpg

EYSobraliaMirabilistall.jpg

EYSobraliaMirabilisflower.jpg

EYMasdwhite2.jpg

EYMasdwhite.jpg

EYMasdveitichianavar.jpg

EYMasdPatriciaHill.jpg

MiscPaph.jpg

MiscPaphBeckyFouke.jpg

MiscPaphliemianum.jpg

MiscPaphroth.jpg

MiscPhrags.jpg

MiscPaphapple.jpg

Phew, that's it for the slippers :D Hope you enjoyed them. If you want to see more orchids, carnivorous plants, bonsai and all sorts of other weird and wonderful stuff then let me know!

Ron-NY said:
and what did you buy from the vendors??

:D

We bought a pack of Lupin seeds for boyfriend's parents and some catalogues. There is a sell off that starts tomorrow at 4 pm and lasts a couple of hours where the exhibitors will sell some of their plants. Unfortunately we only stayed in London until this morning so no live plants for us. EYIF said they weren't selling any of their plants. There's a huge orchid show in June so I'm saving my pennies for that anyway.

Doing it in one day was pretty tiring, especially since the weather was very warm by London/England standards. There were signs everywhere urging people do drink the free water that was provided but we still saw a man collapse right in front of one of the orchid exhibits :( I think we spent about 5 hours wandering around making sure we didn't miss anything.

Ah that is the most amazing display I've seen from a show.......extremely impressive. I was in awe of the phrags and paphs but then the Miltioniopsis came into view and with those you lost me.......just stunning.

Thanks for sharing the experience.

Back