Returning to ST and orchids

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mutant

Reaction score
Hello everybody! Some of you will recognize me as I was quite active here... whenever that was again. :p I stopped with orchids due to total burnout and it's taken me a very long time to recover enough to hang here again (you're very nice people after all). I was also diagnosed with autism (high-functioning) and it has been a journey to try and accept my limitations.

I've slowly started with orchids again (five NoID Phals) but will never have as many as I had when my addiction was at its peak. I'm planning to get some more Phals, but named ones, as soon as it gets warm enough to ship here in the EU. Depending on how I'm feeling, a few Paphs will also move in in about a year or so. As they are the "heavy stuff" for me I'll have to be super strict with how many I get. 🤣

This also means that I'll only be active on one orchid forum instead of a billion and ST was always my favorite, so here I am again. ❤

Good to see you back! How are the kitties?
Long time no see! 😁

Unfortunately, I lost both of them to cancer within six months of each other in 2019. ☹ I adopted a new cat from a local shelter as I needed the company. Just a little shy black and white guy that's kept me sane during these extra bad years. He's less intensive than my previous cats, but as sweet as they were and he makes me happy with his antics.

His name is Jon (I didn't name him and it seems I'm incapable of renaming him) and here's a picture of him:
1650826523258.png
He's just an ordinary cat, but very special to me. 😊

Never knew you but looking forward to sharing your successes! Beautiful cat! I have 3 and my son’s cat as well (total of four) I love my fur babies!

Never knew you but looking forward to sharing your successes! Beautiful cat! I have 3 and my son’s cat as well (total of four) I love my fur babies!
I would love to have two cats, but Jon has made it clear that he doesn't wish to share the apartment with any other critters. He has to accept the orchids and humidity trays though. 😆

I would love to have two cats, but Jon has made it clear that he doesn't wish to share the apartment with any other critters. He has to accept the orchids and humidity trays though. 😆
Before I moved I had 2 cats, and they were VERY interested in my orchid collection back then. I would find orchids on the ground and bark all over the place, pretty devastating, especially finding my micro african violets passed down from my grandfather torn off their tree fern mount!

Don’t worry about your little issue! Do as your heart tells you, and hats off for being brave and share it here on the public forum. Good luck with all your plants and I will certainly look forward to seeing some photos in the near future.

Last edited:
AA6433E5-00FE-4395-B498-45B6D63FD3BA.jpeg
This is my 4 all trying to be lap cats at the same time! I had a few orchid fiascos when the closest kitty was very young! She was a climber and clutsy…I ended up repotting often! She is now a year and a half, and the orchids have gone a whole year without an incident.

I said I wouldn't be active on any other orchid forums, and immediately did exactly that. 😂 Okay, I'll stick to these two orchid forums. That should be enough.

Before I moved I had 2 cats, and they were VERY interested in my orchid collection back then. I would find orchids on the ground and bark all over the place, pretty devastating, especially finding my micro african violets passed down from my grandfather torn off their tree fern mount!
When I had two cats there were a few accidents, but they didn't really care about the orchids. If I made the mistake of bringing home any other plant, however, it was fair game.

View attachment 33968
This is my 4 all trying to be lap cats at the same time! I had a few orchid fiascos when the closest kitty was very young! She was a climber and clutsy…I ended up repotting often! She is now a year and a half, and the orchids have gone a whole year without an incident.
Aww, such sweeties! 😍 I thought it was crowded with two cats on my lap when I had my previous ones, but that was nothing compared to four.

Latest posts

Back