Restrepia subserrata

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeanLux

Reaction score
this is a happy little plant on a small wood blooming throughout the year!
Jean

restrepiasubserrata4634ri8.jpg

restrepiasubserrata4634ck4.jpg

Hello all,

Very nice picts and plant Jean!!! I always wanted to obtain plants of this genus, but never could win a bid on ebay and in other occasions they were too expensive... :(

Are they difficult to grow and flower? Are they demanding???? I desperately want one... :D:D I only enjoy them on my mobile interface and pc as screensaver...
Thank you!!!!!

sorry for the delayed answer, I have been off-line for a week! This is not my first Restrepia, but unlike its predecessors, this one survives, and looks happy. I got it in 2006. It is mounted on a stick of wood with just some sphagnum around the tiny roots. I have it growing below a large cattleya, so rather low light. I have rel. high humidity in the greenhouse throughout winter, but during warm periods it is watered together with the other members, so no special care for its humidity; fertilizer +/- every 10 days, that's it.

I have been to a local orchid show yesterday in Briey, just across the french border, and had the chance to see some very, very nice large Restrepias in the exhibition; unfortunately my camera was waiting for me at home ! :sob:

Jean

Hello all,

Very nice picts and plant Jean!!! I always wanted to obtain plants of this genus, but never could win a bid on ebay and in other occasions they were too expensive... :(

Are they difficult to grow and flower? Are they demanding???? I desperately want one... :D:D I only enjoy them on my mobile interface and pc as screensaver...
Thank you!!!!!

My experience with about a 1/2 dozen or so of the species is that they are among the least demanding of Pleurothallids as far as temp and humidity requirements go. Ideally they still enjoy cooler temps and higher humidity than say Phals and Paphs. One thing that is disappointing is that many of the species have quite small flowers, and the very good photos that you see are kind of deceptive when most of the species may have sepals only one or 2 cm long, and are often presented under the leaves. So check out the name before you buy to see if its what you want.

Latest posts

Back