Restrepia striata (brachypus)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streetmorrisart

Reaction score
This plant likes California much more than it did Missouri. Some of the upcoming buds blasted while I was out-of-town these past few days, but I'm still enjoying what I've got and more are on the way.

striata%20with%20three%20blooms.jpg

single%20restrepia%20blossom.jpg

Thanks, and thanks for asking. I was a (pretty content) Midwesterner for 36 years, so...yeah, this is a huge change in every respect. Michigan was my home for a really long time and then, as soon as I felt like I belonged in St. Louis, we moved. I miss familiar foliage, birds and fireflies, but this weather is indeed spectacular and the plants seem to be responding well to the change. It's going to take some time for me to feel like I belong here, though.

Every time I've been to California I thought,"Oh, its so much more relaxed than NYC and the weather is great but... The Sun's movement and the ocean feel backwards." :eek:

Traffic AND congestion?! Haters gonna hate! :D We live about 17 miles north of the city and my husband's commute to UCSD is under 10 minutes each way. After 7 years of listening to sirens all day, this is pretty sweet.

Thanks--I love this little plant.

Yes, there are lots of people. At the end of the day, though, you're basically on vacation 365 days a year any hour you're not working and the many neighborhood canyons, nearby mountains and quite a few of the beaches are very quiet.

Is this one particular about temps or humidity. I'd like to get an easy-care restrepia to round out my collection.

Latest posts

Back