Residue

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little lemon juice weakly mixed in with water. I use that to clean the leaves from time to time. It gets rid of some residue. Hope that helps.

You can just rub the leaves with a cut lemon (or lime), actually. But I think that works best for hard water stains. Not sure about the goop you have. Milk is supposed to be a good leaf cleaner, too.

Milk is a very good leaf cleaner, but I don't know that it would cut oily residue. If not lemon juice, maybe just plain dish soap? (diluted, of course)

SlipperFan said:
Milk is a very good leaf cleaner, but I don't know that it would cut oily residue. If not lemon juice, maybe just plain dish soap? (diluted, of course)

Hey, maybe you can use the biodegradable stuff. I use this one called ecosaver on all my dishes, and it works really well at getting grease off of dishes. It isn't pretoleum, but plant based, so i don't think it would harm the plants. And, it's 3.50$ (I get mine at Whole Foods).

Latest posts

Back