Rescue Phal

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

NEslipper

Reaction score
This is a grocery store plant that was hanging out at my office. When we closed up last March for lockdown I brought it home. Currently 8 flowers open and 5 more buds to go! The multifloral Paphs are finishing up, so it’s nice to have something coming into bloom!2AD1FC48-6A59-4643-A4E6-91807C6E7B63.jpegA2617FC8-4802-4AB1-B747-B291740665C9.jpeg4FA62727-F669-4E0B-9C95-3428F1095016.jpeg

CarlG

Reaction score
The rescue phals are great. I work for an interior landscaper, and before the plague, had many accounts with contracts for blooming orchids - always phals. These are tough plants. As they bloomed out, I brought them home, and as they've rebloomed, given them to my wife for the library that employs her. The only condition is that they don't come home again. They do well for the recipients, and hopefully have enticed others into this hobby.

DrLeslieEe

Collector of new, rare and albino paph species
ST Supporter
Reaction score
The rescue phals are great. I work for an interior landscaper, and before the plague, had many accounts with contracts for blooming orchids - always phals. These are tough plants. As they bloomed out, I brought them home, and as they've rebloomed, given them to my wife for the library that employs her. The only condition is that they don't come home again. They do well for the recipients, and hopefully have enticed others into this hobby.
Recycling is a great idea!!

Ozpaph

Reaction score
You can see why they are so popular - compact and colourful.
I just wish people wouldnt 'dump' them on me with "I cant grow it". I cant bring myself to garbage them; so they accumulate............

Latest posts