Request for info

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdamD

Catasetinae Crazed
Reaction score
I am hoping someone with Orchid Plus or Orchid Wiz (and spare time) could look up something for me. I was wondering about cultural awards for Fredclarkearas, how many flowers and spikes on average for a CCM or CCE? Any response would be greatly appreciated

I have found cultural awards only for Fdk. After Dark. The four CCE from 2008 and older had 1-5 spikes with 19-27 flowers per spike on average.
The newer ones are from 2013 (CCM with 8 spikes, av 12,4 flowers), 2014 (CCE with 8 spikes, 17,3 av.) and 2015 (CCE with 8 spikes, 16,1 av.).

Sincerely awesome thank you so much! I have one with 8 spikes and around 15 flowers, just checking to see if it was in the realm of the elite. Possible CCM material I guess :D

Mine is not After Dark though. It is Julio David Rios (Mo. Leopard Drops x Ctsm. Donna Wise). Now I just pray for no broken spikes or buds!

The only award given to this cross so far is an AM (86 points) from February 2017. It had 3 inflorescences with an average of 22,3 flowers.
Good luck with the judging!

Wouldn't mind a picture...

Wow! Great culture AdamD! How much light/feed do you give it?

I have my first spike finally with 15 buds (same progression as the pic) but only the one spike. The plant is just now starting to yellow its leaves

I do a full teaspoon/gal (up to 100 ppm N, 550 total ppm) in the summer months, I build up and down gradually. I grow outside in a shade house in the summer, high temps and humidity, about 3000 fc. at around 12 hours a day.

I have to pray that all spikes open around the same time, and that that coincides with judging, and that I have no work that weekend. I’m sure it will all work out the way it’s supposed to in the end

Sigh... the first flowers are starting to open and judging isn’t until Dec. 9th... FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS!

In all seriousness I’m stoked, awards or none! I don’t want to jinx it though.

Latest posts

Back