Remember the poor frog with in the jar?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ick! Oddly we didn't disect frogs in high school. We were obviously missing out! But, in college I had to disect fetal pigs, all sorts of worms and insects and cow and goat eyes and brains. Good times.

I think we did the Leopard frog, the worm, and the grasshopper in Junior High. We also did owl pellets which were a lot of fun trying to reconstruct what they had eaten.

The Bull Frog, fetal pig and others were supposed to be in HS. It was all still a little much for me. We were supposed to dissect a cat in HS and I tossed my cookies every where trying to get out of the room. I was allowed to by-pass that segment of the class and was assigned something else to do. I had done really great and made it through the grasshopper, the worm, and the first frog in Jr High and was doing so-so with the eyeball in HS (don't recall having to do a brain), and started losing it on the Bull Frog and definitely lost it on the cat. Never made it to any fetal pig or cow parts. Transferred into earth sciences if memory serves me.

When my kids were small we kept tree frogs as pets. In June, we'd go on walks through the neighborhood and collect fireflies....which we would then feed to the frogs. We'd turn out the lights and watch the frogs light up.......

Oh, that's way cool. I never thought of that or I would have suggested they try it. They would have gotten a big kick out of "glow frogs".

Back