Reef Tank Progression

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, the Acros are SPS (Small Polyped Stonys) meaning they are the traditional corals people think of that consist of a calcium carbonate skeleton covered with a thin layer of "skin" covered in tiny polyps. The Blasto and Acans are what they call LPS (Large Polyped Stonys) and they have a skeleton, but it is covered with a fleshy, or puffy, skin and usually consist of many large polyps butted up against eachother. Lastly the zoanthids are what they call Softies, and as the name implies, they don't excrete calcium carbonate and have no skeleton.

Jon
________
SUZUKI RF SERIES SPECIFICATIONS

Last edited:
Update time.

Nothing much to update, the critters are all doing well and the corals are growing. Haven't bought much of anything new lately, maybe a zoa or acro frag but that's about it. I'm trying to find a new 70w metal halide bulb with a bluer spectrum around 14,000 kelvin...but that's proving to be difficult to find in stock.

I should have fed the tank before the pic to get the shrimps out
126_2689.jpg

Top down pics...one of my favorite views
127_2706.jpg

126_2700.jpg

126_2699.jpg

One of my newer Zoanthids proving to be one of my favorites
126_2696.jpg

And lastly, finally got a good pic of the Royal Gramma's cave
127_2714.jpg

Jon
________
Om612 engine

Last edited:
As long as the Mandarin doesn't go inside the Gramma's den in the last pic, they get along very well an ignore eachother. I always have to gorge the Gramma on frozen food so he doesn't hog all the live food for the Mandarin though.

Jon
________
Sell vaporizers

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back