Redland Show

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely do as Phragper suggests. You'll get hassle at the airport and often
an extra charge for a carry on. I tried that once coming back from Redland and
I wish I hadn't!

Somebody said to pack them in the luggage and check it in. Do you think they will still open the luggage. I wont take them hand carry.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Well all luggage gets xrayed, just depends on if they think the plant in there is ‘suspicious’ (or if it even shows up)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went once from Canada years ago. I bare-rooted everything and brought it back as carry on. Had all the necessary paperwork and it was easy stowing them above in a carry on bag.

California has stick import restrictions on plants. If they get stopped by California agriculture without permits they will be confiscated. Be sure to stop by the USDA booth and get the documentation required no matter how you take them back.

Susan

pack them up and ship priority mail, that would be my choice if you buy a lot of plants.

What I don't like about Redland is the weather---HOT!!!!!!! and you won't have many cool growing species available at the show either if that is what you mainly grow.

OMG! the vendor list,
Fragrant and colorful Chiloschistas from Phrao and LOC
Paphs from Popow, Krull-Smith, Ching Hua, and Springwater
Catasetums from SVO...
Gego, if you see Ophrys for sale for about $5/bulb pick up a few for me please!!!

Actually they will have cool growing Phrags from Peruflora, Ecuagenera and a few others. I go every year and the variety is amazing.

Suzy

Actually they will have cool growing Phrags from Peruflora, Ecuagenera and a few others. I go every year and the variety is amazing.

Suzy

I agree Redland do have wide variety of species and hybrids available, but if you are looking for some nice species from the Pleurothallid alliance( Pleurothallis, Stelis, Lepanthes....)or any cool growing Dendrobium species or even some Bulbo species, you will have to do pre-order with Ecuagenera or Peruflora. When they come to POE or even some NE shows in U.S., they normally bring a lot more cool growing species.

Yes of course I wait all year for this show! Do I need to look for you this year, if so email me?

Suzy

OMG! the vendor list,
Fragrant and colorful Chiloschistas from Phrao and LOC
Paphs from Popow, Krull-Smith, Ching Hua, and Springwater
Catasetums from SVO...
Gego, if you see Ophrys for sale for about $5/bulb pick up a few for me please!!!
I found some but $25 each.

I got some sanderianum hybrids and some paph species from Sam.

I also got a few bifoliate catts from Brazil.
I got a flask of thianum from Thailand, cant remember the name. Some phal species also.

Between Popow, Springwater, Krull and some Asian vendors, there were some very desirable species to grab. But i decided to stick to multis for now.

Back