Recent bloomers

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete

Reaction score
Here a nice Bulbophyllum longissimum. I got a small division of this plan from the late Wilbert Chang some years ago and it has now turned into a wonderful specimen plant. He gave it to me with the label of "different strain from North Thailand"
7baa85ffd5a9b8de12f53a93c78ce7ea.jpg

Dendrobium sarawakensis! One of my absolute favorites, but unfortunately an extremely rare one off in nature and in cultivation.
4ec983a6bd14847cbe8993f08765f6fa.jpg

Wonderful plants and growing area, very "jungle-like"! I looks nice and warm, it's cold and wet here.

Is that dend really sarawakense? The spurs on your flowers do not strongly curve towards the front. Maybe it is another related species like dend datinconniae.

I believe the taxon you're referring to is quite a recent discovery. this plant was collected in sarawak like 20 years ago and my late uncle saved it from death before he passed years back. Ive had this particular plant since 2007

I believe the taxon you're referring to is quite a recent discovery. this plant was collected in sarawak like 20 years ago and my late uncle saved it from death before he passed years back. Ive had this particular plant since 2007

A recent discovery (more like description) doesn't mean it did not exist 20 years ago. lol :p I'm not too familiar with dends section Calcarifera but will ask my friend who's an orchid taxonomist with the local forestry department for his opinion.

sounds good. the spur does recurve forwards, its just that it stops almost immediately after curving forward. it looks less pronounced because it is a short recurve

interesting. d. datinconnieae seems to typically be different colored than this also. if they are considered synonymous then D. sarawakense has priority. They could very well be distinct taxa however.

Back