Recchara Frances Fox

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mathias

Reaction score
This hybrid really lights upp the dark days of winter! It is a hybrid between Blc. Polka Dot and Myrmecophila tibicinis. It was registred in 1985 by G. Spence.

According to RHS the appropiate name should nwadays be Myrmecatavola Frances Fox. However, I like the older name better... :p

Really glowing flowers. The form could be better...
6636030509_a9fd486f4f_b.jpg

Picture of the whole plant.
6636031647_d6c25ab983_b.jpg

Wow!!! Those are some bright flowers! With the Schom parent, it doesn't surprise me that the tepals are are twisted like that.

Very lovely. Mine just seems to sit there, never doing well. Can you tell us how you grow yours?

That's really a lovely outcome of Brassocattleya Polka Dot ( a very complex one with nodosa, a lot of dowiana, then mossiae, warcewicizii, gaskeliana, but also tenebrosa and cinnabarina in its parentage ) with Myrmecophila tibicinis !!!! Esp. like that lip!!!! Jean

Very lovely. Mine just seems to sit there, never doing well. Can you tell us how you grow yours?

Thanks! I should say that this is the first time I have flowered his plant so it could be pure luck! :) I have had flowering sheaths on the last three growths but this was the first time I got a spike. I think It just had to be big enough to grow the spike.

The plant is in a bark/chc mix in a 12 cm pot. Watered with RO-water and a low dose of an organic fertilizer. Watered when almost dry when in growth. A drier rest. As much light as possible in my growing conditions (south-facing window with a very thin white fabric between). Leaves get fresh green in color, at one point almost yellowish. Below a 150W MH lamp during winter when the sun is almost absent.

Back