Rat Bastards

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if chipmunks and squirrels cause people problems in g.h's? I know they do lots of damage to outside plants. If they can dig and get in, I'd imagine they'd eat buds and spikes too. Luckily, none of those in my area.

Hubby picked up the corpse. It was a large rat this time. We have an "arrangement" that I deal with animal vomit and mistakes and he picks up dead bodies.

I occassionally have, I assume, chipmunk(s) knock over plants & dig or try to bury. It only happens during the summer when the door is open, I have an old screen I put in front. The dog activity keeps them at bay.

Little known fact: rats can't vomit. Thats why rat poison works, actually.

- Matt

You think you had problems; this is a NYC rat!
PB061837.jpg

O.K. now they've invaded the attic and are keeping me up all night playing with the bait blocks. No joke! The scoot it around the ceiling and play soccer with it. They've kept me up for 3 nights in a row now. I'm sleep deprived and they're up there having a ball! We seem to get them in the attic space every other year and we suffer for a few days before they "quiet" down after eating the bait. It always coincides with rats in the g.h. so I knew they were probably going to go into the attic next.

So, they ate a spike on my Papa Rohl last night:mad: We went up into the attic this morning and left some more "toys" for them to play with.

Latest posts

Back