Rands' Ultra Cheap BS Phrags

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwester

Reaction score
I think this may have already been discussed, however I thought I should inform everyone who might be tempted by the ads in the AOS magazine of my experience. It was not good. Blooming sized my arse! I have seen seedlings larger than these. Plus, all but one are dead now. So be warned, you always get what you pay for.

Yeah, I think the last time that this was brought up, I posted a photo of the "Blooming Size" phrag ecuadorenses that he sent me... and they were seedling size divisions. Mine are all still alive (maybe lost one...), but still nowhere near blooming size after 6 or 8 months.

- Matt

In orchids as in other things you often get what you pay for...

Ray has very interesting plants. And very low prices. Some of his plants are probably mislabelled (some of mine are too, I suspect). Back when I had space I would always order his monthly special (as listed in the 'Orchids' magazine), which was usually half a dozen or so species or hybrids for something like 60 bucks with shipping. I got a lot of really nice stuff that way. He stopped doing that kind of special a while ago (5 or 6 years maybe?), so I haven't ordered since. Even if I had space.

Once he had a $2 each sale for sufficient quantity, and I got a couple hundred bucks worth. Really nice stuff (and some not as exciting stuff too).

Anyway, long and short of it is that I haven't ordered from him in a while, but I always thought I got what I paid for when I did.

Latest posts

Back