Random stuff from the GH

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gcroz

2yr HCC Awarded Stud
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Howdy folks! Here are some pics of other blooming stuff in the GH. I'd like feedback on the photos themselves, as I'm trying to improve my photography.

Here is Thw. Sweet Love. This plant has a very nice soft fragrance.

Attachments

• Thw.-Sweet-Love.jpg
    Thw.-Sweet-Love.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 36
This plant is probably the best bloomer and best quality of color I have in my entire collection. It really is incredible in person, this picture simply doesn't capture the color. It probably glows in the dark the color is so intense.

Any how, here is (ready for a long one?):

(Blc. William Ferrell x Lc Trick or Treat) x Slc. Fuchs Orange Nugget

And bo. There is no other name for this on OrchidWiz.

Attachments

• Cat.-orange.jpg
    Cat.-orange.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 30
Thanks for posting. I'm a cattaholic. Are you saving your photos in .gif or .jpg? .gif files tend to be more grainy and it seems like that's the negative I'd comment on your photos. They seem grainy to me. But the orchids come through and that's what's most important.

Cat. schroederae

Yes! this one is gorgeous; what about the fragrance? must be huge! Jean

I also like the pale yellow of Pot. Crozer's Royal Wizard 'Gandalf'!!

I know about the challenge when taking pictures in the green house: show the plant or close-up of the bloom with as few disturbance as possible from the surroundings ( benches, windows, other plants...)

These are great plants to have blooming this time of the year! I like the bright cheerful yellows & oranges BUT will take fragrance, no matter what the color choice.
I'm striving for better photography skills myself & there's others that will be more qualified to comment. My first thought was - are you using a tripod? The focus could be sharper. Candace had a good comment about the file type and then I also thought - whats your ISO? I believe that could add graininess. I've always been encouraged to use the lowest possible.

I wasn't using a tripod at the time. I have in the past, but left it at home. As for grain in the pictures, I have it set for a very low recording quality so that I can keep the images somewhat larger.

Honestly, the focus could have been better, but I had to switch to manual focus on my digital camera since the auto focus refused to "hit" the right target. It was very frstrating! My camera almost learned how to fly, before id decided to not throw it! :)

I wasn't using a tripod at the time. I have in the past, but left it at home. As for grain in the pictures, I have it set for a very low recording quality so that I can keep the images somewhat larger.

To each their own, I will sacrifice less pics on the card for the best quality.

Honestly, the focus could have been better, but I had to switch to manual focus on my digital camera since the auto focus refused to "hit" the right target. It was very frstrating! My camera almost learned how to fly, before id decided to not throw it! :)
:D ahhh modern conveniences! I know what you mean - standing at my kitchen window trying for some shots at the active bird feeders!

Latest posts

Back