Racket pedunkle

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Technically no, depending on who you speak too

Wossner black wings is roth x anitum, RHS recognise this as a species for registration

Johanna burkhardt is roth x adductum

Unfortunatly the problem is many don't recognize anitum as a seperate species but rather as a variety of adductum.

The AOS refused to accept anything with anitum in it (as anitum is not listed by CITES) for judging so most people used roth x adductum var anitum = johanna burkhardt for showing. This created the mess these two are now in.

Ok, because there is also paul parks, sandy x adductum v. Anitum and yang ji hawk sandy x adductum var anitum

You have a similar situation with the cross Chou-Yi Anigode ( godefroyae x adductum) and Hung Sheng Tango (leucochilum x adductum). The Hung Sheng Tango I've seen for sale were made with the anitum. But, RHS puts them as synonyms...
I'm not even sure if either cross were ever made with a "plain" adductum.
:confused:

I think one set of the name is older before they used anitum as a parent in the basically the same cross, although of course the color might come out better with anitum.

I like the name Woessner Black Wing a lot, by the way, especially when Woessner is pronounced correctly in German! :)

Latest posts

Back