Questions and Comments about new software.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

monocotman

Reaction score
Incidentally we have a new iPad and on this one the photos taken by the computer seem to be too big to load. I get an error message when the computer has gone through the process of uploading the photo. It has not yet happened on the old iPad. Both iPads have the same problem with the photos uploading at the beginning of the post
David

Linus_Cello

Reaction score
On some of the other forums (fish) I’m on, there is the ability to put a “sticky” on some threads for commonly asked questions/topics. These sticky threads would appear at the top of a folder. I’m thinking we could put stickies on some threads on lighting (PAR), fertilizing and potting media. This way it would be easier to refer forum users to a pre-existing thread rather than a user posting a new thread on a variation of the same thread again. Angie, is this something that can be done? If so, everyone else, do we want to do this?

Greenpaph

Reaction score
Rick,

Where the magnifying glass is in the upper right corner; type in the name and clone of the orchid. It will find it. There may be a better way, but that is how I find my real old threads are. If you don't put the clone it may not go back many years ago.

Peter

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
On some of the other forums (fish) I’m on, there is the ability to put a “sticky” on some threads for commonly asked questions/topics. These sticky threads would appear at the top of a folder. I’m thinking we could put stickies on some threads on lighting (PAR), fertilizing and potting media. This way it would be easier to refer forum users to a pre-existing thread rather than a user posting a new thread on a variation of the same thread again. Angie, is this something that can be done? If so, everyone else, do we want to do this?
A sticky thread is VERY easy to do. Just as information and no replies to it, or with replies. If there is a thread of information that is a good source now, we could sticky it. But, someone would have to give me a link to it.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Question; I want to search for an old thread, say 5 yrs ago, how can I do this?
Go to search,

upload_2019-3-25_20-7-13.png

Fill all that out and search. Or Click on MORE
that will give you these criteria to fill out before searching.

upload_2019-3-25_20-8-29.png

Give that a try.

Heather

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
A sticky thread is VERY easy to do. Just as information and no replies to it, or with replies. If there is a thread of information that is a good source now, we could sticky it. But, someone would have to give me a link to it.
I don’t think we already have a sticky that relates well to the new software. Some of the stickies we do have, such as the photo posting instructions, are now defunct and should probably be removed.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Do you want to unstick the ones that don't apply any longer? Then make a list of topics I need to cover in one or more stickies?

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Okay. Just let me know what I need to do to help this beautiful site and I'll do all I can.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Angie,
Any progress with the iPad issue?
Thanks
David
Have you tried those photos recently? I've doubled the file size from what I originally had it set.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
No, they will accumulate until you LEAVE A CONVERSATION, and when you do that you can check where a new answer will show, or block any new answers.
So, you you do not have limit on number that accumulate.

silence882

Lurker
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Another exceptionally minor request. The icon (dunno if that's the right term) for the site right now says xenForo. Could you change it to SlipperTalk or ST or something like that?

Please put this at the absolute bottom of the to-do list.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
@silence882 it is requested from developer. But probably not until next week.