Questions and Comments about new software.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Great new look, and hopefully better functionality for all. Easy to navigate as well.
Thank you. We are all trying very hard to make it a good experience for all here.

Admin

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Still working on Tapatalk getting moved into our account.

Hera

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I haven’t been here in a while. I am not able to view all photos in the posts. Some come through and some don’t. Not sure why. Do I need to change a setting? Allow cookies? I’m using an iPad.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The missing photos have to do with Tapatalk and our developer is working on making them all show. Should be fixed pretty soon.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Please check all the images. They should all be here, even though the Tapatalk is not operational yet.

abax

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Hello Angie. I'm Angela and the new look is quite nice...once I
got over the shock. ;>)

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
HI Angela. My given name is Angela but I've been Angie all my life and only use Angela to sign documents.
And it takes most people about 3 to 10 days to really like this software after a change. Most people love it for not other reason than the ease of adding photos. My favorite is ability to copy and paste. And I thought this forum is so prime for that ability or the ease of Upload a File button.
I'm happy to be an Admin here as I am LOVING seeing the Orchids and other flowers. They are so pretty in a now a days world that is not always nice.

monocotman

Reaction score
Love the new format. The file upload is my favourite feature. No need to drop off resize or upload via a third party host,
David

Heather

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
I’m so glad people are enjoying the upgraded forum. It was LONG overdue and I appreciate that everyone stuck around long enough for me to finally find a solution. I was so anxious about the whole thing. It’s like a mountain of bricks has been lifted from my shoulders in the last week.

Thanks to Angie and the rest of the new admin staff for working so hard to get everything functioning correctly!

Ray

Orchid Iconoclast
Staff member
ST Supporter
Reaction score
So can we learn a little more about this new admin staff?

For the record, for me, the functionality of this software precludes the need for Tapatalk. The old issue with "new posts" was what drove me to access the forum that way.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I'm mostly the new Admin staff. The member that goes by Admin could be the tech or me or the new owner aka keeper of the Slipper Forum doing well.

I am just someone that does forum admin. I have had an uncle that grew some in a green house when I was growing up. I am basically ignorant to the technical of orchids, but I can appreciate what I see and I love that I get to be here to see what you all do.
I'm a grandmother of 8, have two grown daughters.

And I'm here to make sure spammers, and nasty people cannot get in and make things bad. Fix what I can and help you enjoy the site. If there is something I cannot fix, I can get hold of a developer to work on the issue.

That's me.

Berthold

Reaction score
And I'm here to make sure spammers, and nasty people cannot get in and make things bad.
That's fine, Angie, I appreciate. Wish you much luck.
Greetings from Germany

Wendy

Just me!
Reaction score
Just an FYI....my laptop suddenly decided that it likes the new format. I didn't change anything; it just started loading etc properly. Thank you!

PS....I just noticed that my signature 'walking bug' isn't working. Is there something I need to update?

Ray

Orchid Iconoclast
Staff member
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Please find a way to highlight hyperlinks. Using Chrome on my PC and my iPad, linked words in a sentence appear no different from the rest of the text.

Silverwhisp

Reaction score
Hello Angie, and welcome!

Just a question about the privacy option regarding showing online status: I’ve unchecked that box in Preferences, but online status is still showing. A glitch?

Thanks~

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Is there any update on when Tapatalk will be operational again?
There is a security issue that is holding things up. Unless Tapatalk fixes it we may not join back in. Please try the mobile browser on your phone or tablet, and just type in the forum address. It will work better than Tapatalk and can upload images larger and better.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Hello Angie, and welcome!

Just a question about the privacy option regarding showing online status: I’ve unchecked that box in Preferences, but online status is still showing. A glitch?

Thanks~
You may see the online indicator but others will not see you online or your activity.

Latest posts