Questions and Comments about new software.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Please ask your questions about the new software here.

1. The images that are showing a red X are being worked on. I would expect them to be fixed at some time during the day.

2. Opt out of ads is done by using the little man icon in the upper right corner. Once User Control Panel opens, find Preferences. At the bottom of Preferences is the Opt Out feature. Once you mark it, remember to save.

upload_2019-2-16_9-17-3.png

Heather

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
This is not a priority, but we may want to think about deleting some of the instructional stickies that are around, particularly the one about uploading photos in the photos forums, which now will be even more obsolete than it already was!:rolleyes:

eds

Reaction score
I've just tried to upload some photos from my phone and it uploads but then says the file size is too large to process. Is there a way around this as I don't know how to reduce the file size on my phone!
They upload fine on another forum that seems to use similar software.

eds

Reaction score
I've just tried to upload some photos from my phone and it uploads but then says the file size is too large to process. Is there a way around this as I don't know how to reduce the file size on my phone!
Managed to reduce the file size by cropping the photos but it'd great if I didn't need to if possible.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Can you try the original photo here so I can see if I increased it appropriately? And have you been uploading photos from your phone before change with no "too large" messages?

Thanks.

eds

Reaction score
It still says they're too big but cropping is working fine. If no one else is having this issue don't worry.

I haven't been on here for ages and when I was I used photobucket to host the files. I use another forum about lure fishing that looks very similar where photos upload fine without cropping.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Okay, that explains it. I'll not tweak any more unless a few others have issues. And welcome back.

Reactions: eds

HairBear73

Reaction score
Hi,

I usually view the site through Tapatalk but when I go to it now I can’t see any forums or discussions - is this to do with new changes on the website and how do I resolve this?

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Good morning. Tapatalk connection was requested for the new owners and IP address on Friday evening. It seems as if they may not have seen it yet. We are working to get it back as soon as we can once they respond to our request. So, please bear with us for a couple of days.
In the meantime, this XenForo software is extremely mobile browser friendly for phones and tablets. Just bring up your mobile browser and type in the address. Then you'll see the forum as it shows on laptop. And all controls work.

Heather

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
Thanks Angie, re:Tapatalk, I hadn’t mentioned it yet because it looked like you guys were working on it. Yesterday when I logged in I got the message that there was a Tapatalk option, which I had not seen on Friday night. I don’t use it but a lot of our members do so thanks for working that in. Thanks also for the slipper orchids denoting new posts. Now it looks like Slippertalk!

Wendy

Just me!
Reaction score
My laptop doesn't like this new format much at all. It takes forever to load pages. No problem on my ipad though. It's very similar to the golf forum I'm on so it's pretty familiar to use. Not sure why the laptop struggles with it though as it loads the golf forum without issue.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Do you have the ads turned off? Sometimes that slows down the laptop. What type of laptop, and windows and are you using Chrome, Firefox or IE/Edge?

Wendy

Just me!
Reaction score
Yes ads are turned off. Laptop is Lenovo G700, windows 10, Edge. iPad is safari. Ads off as well.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Edge. Can you give it a try in Chrome or Firefox. I think it will go better for you.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
It is operational at this time, it was added this afternoon. YOU could be the first.

emydura

Reaction score
I think the new software is a great improvement. The biggest positive is I can now see all the new posts when I log in. That feature rarely worked in the old software. It drove me crazy.

Good job with this.

Ray

Orchid Iconoclast
Staff member
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Tapatalk support?

Last edited:

Latest posts