...question...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marco

Slipperless member
Reaction score
i found these winged thingies that were a deep copper gathering around the dew of my phals. healthly phals as far as i can tell and no leaf damage....just wondering if anyone knows what they are....i sprayed some safers on them so now theyre dead...

no i dont think theyre mites this time....the plants are otherwise healthy....at least i think they are...theyre only around the areas were dew is being excreted by the phal

you didn't get a picture, did you?
also, i don't understand what you mean by a deep copper gathering

Thank you Heather! I have to say I've never noticed 'wings' on any aphids I had either! (maybe that just goes to show how fast I get rid of them!) and what is ....'a deep copper gathering'....?

I've seen aphids that are black and w/ coppery wings, beside the light green ones. Marco, just make sure you wipe off or treat again in a few days.

Thanks Julia! One certainly can't miss those red ones!!!! ...... well unless you're color blind!
I couldn't open the winged link but I certainly can go to that website.
There's a part of me that says 'thank goodness you haven't seen these buggies!'

I think he means they're deep copper in color, and they are gathering around the dew :p Is it female aphids that have wings? I can't remember for sure, not a fan of Ent and didn't pay enough attention in that class :)

aphids come in almost every color of the rainbow and many different sizes. some have wings. sometimes, when the aphid colony needs new space, as it has sucked most of the juices out of their hosts, some aphids will sprout wings. some aphids just have wings...

I think he means they're deep copper in color, and they are gathering around the dew :p Is it female aphids that have wings? I can't remember for sure, not a fan of Ent and didn't pay enough attention in that class :)
:eek: Most aphids are females & they are born pregnant!!!! :sob: and as likespaphs said!

Latest posts

Back