Question to Mr. Braem

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Averyanov' photos of vietnamense in the wild staged? Can someone explain please!?

I was waiting for my intaniaeX wilhelminae to open its flower. Back in 2002 I was at Ayub Parnata's place and was given a couple of seed pods. lowiiXesquirolei and intaniaeXwilhelminae by Mr Parnata.
Last year the lowiiXesquirolei flowered and I registerd it as Paph Ayub Parnata after he gave me the permission. One of the intaniaeXwilhelminae is about to flower (perhaps within 1-2 weeks), I will post it here when it happens. I could see the Ayub Parnata's lowii's, gigantifolium, kolopakingii, wilhelminae and intaniae's were certainly wild collected . You can see from the leaves (ragged and dirty looking) an attribute that those plants were wild collected.
Clumps does not mean coming from the wild. But clumps in that condition are certainly wild collected.
Maybe I should ask Prof Braem, what should I register the plant intaniae x wilhelminae, or intaniaeXpraestan or intaniae Xglanduliferum??
praestan is not recognised by OrchidWiz. The old wilhelminae as Ayub knew (like praestan with very dark leaf and reddish base) was renamed by Cribb in 1998 as just praestan (???). As it is, the gardinerii is now named wilhelminae by Cribb but still gardinerii by Dr Fowlei.

I was waiting for my intaniaeX wilhelminae to open its flower. Back in 2002 I was at Ayub Parnata's place and was given a couple of seed pods. lowiiXesquirolei and intaniaeXwilhelminae by Mr Parnata.
Last year the lowiiXesquirolei flowered and I registerd it as Paph Ayub Parnata after he gave me the permission. One of the intaniaeXwilhelminae is about to flower (perhaps within 1-2 weeks), I will post it here when it happens. I could see the Ayub Parnata's lowii's, gigantifolium, kolopakingii, wilhelminae and intaniae's were certainly wild collected . You can see from the leaves (ragged and dirty looking) an attribute that those plants were wild collected.
Clumps does not mean coming from the wild. But clumps in that condition are certainly wild collected.
Maybe I should ask Prof Braem, what should I register the plant intaniae x wilhelminae, or intaniaeXpraestan or intaniae Xglanduliferum??
praestan is not recognised by OrchidWiz. The old wilhelminae as Ayub knew (like praestan with very dark leaf and reddish base) was renamed by Cribb in 1998 as just praestan (???). As it is, the gardinerii is now named wilhelminae by Cribb but still gardinerii by Dr Fowlei.
Just keep it as wilhelminiae ... Of cours ethat entire compex is very difficult

As 50 to 70 % of orchid hybrids are registered as something they are not, it really doesn't matter as what you register the plant. And as the seed comes from Parnata, it could have been anything. So just give it a name and register it if you wish, OrchidWizis not a taxonomic authority. P. wilhelminiae is recognised by the RHS ... praestans is recognised by the RHS and glanduliferum is ???? but is recognised by the RHS (if I am not mistaken)

Latest posts

Back