Question - paph venustum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marco

Slipperless member
Reaction score
At first I didn't like venustum to much. But after a while the brainy looking pouch got to me :). And I don't know diddly about them. Just wondering what kind of luck members have had with this particular species cause it's slowly climbing my ever growing want list.

TIA :p

It's one of my easiest to grow. Blooms about twice a year.

I got the album one from Ratcliffe. I wish I got the color for now - I think it's measurianum.

I have two, one is an album. Both are growing VERY easily, probably my easiest paph (now watch them die). I don't do anything special - they're under fluorescent lights, get watered regularly. Seriously, they just sit there and grow. I've heard these are easy, and they seem to be.

Marco said:
At first I didn't like venustum to much. But after a while the brainy looking pouch got to me :)
TIA :p

The pouch looks brainy to you? It looks like something else to me... but then, I guess my mind is in the gutter.

adiaphane said:
The pouch looks brainy to you? It looks like something else to me... but then, I guess my mind is in the gutter.

Yup brainy.

brain2.jpg

I thought long and hard about that one, almost gave me a headache. Then I realized the brains your thinking about come in two's. :poke: Your mind is definately in the gutter. lol

I'm keeping that one in the back burner for future use. :rollhappy:

----

Thank Marcus and John. Maybe I'll end up getting an alba and a regular colored one. Then I can have a pair! :crazy: one green and one brown.

Same here on Paph. venustum... super easy to grow, I grow mine near my Paph. sukhakulii (another super easy species).

-Pat

I'm glad they are easy to grow, which is what I need. One of these was part of my Hauserman's Summer Special Discount (yet to arrive) order. I'm sure my wife will be amused by the 'brainy' (yea, right) appearance of the pouch.

Wilson

Attachments

• FV-2065-2.jpg
    FV-2065-2.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 21
Damn you Tien. You tainted my image forever! Now I can't help but giggle when I see a venustum. :mad:

wil - nice venustum by the way :)

Latest posts

Back