Question for the rothschildianum heads...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
Got a bud opening. Can see the pouch. Any idea how long it will take for it to be fully open? Just this one flower would be fine. Two more buds are plumping fast.

Our show for New Hampshire OS's theme is A Symphony of Orchids. Last year, our Secretary (who is an amazing woman and so dedicated to our society) developed a connection with the NH Symphony and they're donating instruments for our show postcard, which is (I hope) being shot next Sunday and if my roth is even almost ready, it will be there. Unfortunatly, the shoot could also be at 4:00 on Thursday, a time I most likely cannot make unless I do some serious bargaining at work.

So, does this bud have even a CHANCE of being almost fully open by Thursday, or being fully open on Sunday?

Here's a closeup of the bud's status.

rexmm13hv0.jpg

It may be partially open but it will not be in full effect if you know what I mean. The flowers keep growing for almost two weeks is my observation.

Ahh...my favorite roth-head----I knew I could lure you in here...;)
FWIW, I thought the same, but it trucked along this week so I was feeling over-confident. Maybe it will be in great shape for the MOS show at the end of October. Frankly, i think it's timing is just going to be, frankly, OFF! :sob:
thanks to you both! Here's to another 7 year long wait!

bud looks nice. Keep us updated on the flower and its opening. How dark does the pouch look. Any breaks in the color you can see or is it nice and saturated?

It may be open enough by sunday for a photo, like I said previously it will not be all it can be at that point though. One bloom prob will no be the effect u are looking for in the photo anyway. good luck and I hope u bloom a good one.

Latest posts

Back